Collection of BBC Micro music programs: Converting to SSD?

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
benryves

Collection of BBC Micro music programs: Converting to SSD?

Post by benryves » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:52 pm

Here is a nice collection of some BBC Micro music programs - however, I'm at a loss as to how to run these in an emulator.
If anyone could give me some help, it'd be much appreciated.

regregex

Making disc images

Post by regregex » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:27 pm

I'm having no luck downloading the files. Assuming they are Basic programs, you can scoop them into disc images. Bbcim is the easiest way I can recommend. Unzip bbcim, open a command prompt and type:

Code: Select all

cd <directory containing bbcim and the music files>
bbcim -ab music.ssd 13AMPS ADDICTO AIRWOLF ...
This creates an Acorn disc image, music.ssd in the current directory, containing the named files (up to 31 per disc image.)

In BeebEm, select File -> Load Disc 0. Drag music.ssd into the file list and Open it. At the > prompt, enter:

Code: Select all

CHAIN "COLDTEA"
as normal.

Bbcim: http://www.nvg.org/bbc/util/, select according to your OS.

benryves

Post by benryves » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:33 pm

Thanks!
If you can't download the files, would it be worth knocking out a (or multiple) disk images of these files?
Come to think of it, I don't know whether many people would be interested in BBC Micro music. Ah well :roll:

alchresearch

Post by alchresearch » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:11 pm

I seem to recall 'compilation' disks of all these songs, back in the mid 80's.

Perhaps someone still has copies that they can image?
Andy Davis.

benryves

Post by benryves » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:23 pm

Well, on closer inspection a lot of them seem to be such files - a lot of them try to chain "MENU" at the end or are just loaders for other files. All in all, it's not a brilliant collection [not to mention the off-key sound in emulators making them pretty useless there].

Noige

Post by Noige » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:46 pm

There's some of mine in there... I wish I could track down the stuff I did on the Music 5000 though. Does anybody have a large Music 5000 music collection?

CMcDougall

yo

Post by CMcDougall » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:35 am

If u go to 8bs.com (when its on), and go to Software, Free Software, Index, u will find a Dir called MUS, this has tonnes of tunes to choose from on SSD discs. Hope that helps, as it will save u loadsa time converting!! :lol: CM 8)

irrelevant

Post by irrelevant » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:00 am

Noige wrote:There's some of mine in there... I wish I could track down the stuff I did on the Music 5000 though. Does anybody have a large Music 5000 music collection?
I've just restored a 15 year old backup of my fileserver, and have a fairly large (~80 files) Ample collection. I only had (and have) a Music 500 though; what are you looking for, in case I have any?

Rob

Noige

Post by Noige » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:42 am

All of my stuff would have had 'Noigesoft' in there somewhere. I remember doing two albums that were released by Panda Discs, but I can't remember what they were called (doh). There were a few 'cover' tracks aswell...

swb

Post by swb » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:24 pm

Noige wrote:All of my stuff would have had 'Noigesoft' in there somewhere. I remember doing two albums that were released by Panda Discs, but I can't remember what they were called (doh). There were a few 'cover' tracks aswell...
I uploaded 40 image files of Music 500/5000 discs to 8bs some time ago. It should still be there but it definitely had a bunch of Noigesoft stuff in there (and I remember listening to it at the time).

HTH
:D