Do you have Domesday LaserDiscs?

bbc/electron apps, languages, utils, educational progs, demos + more
ianSmalls

Do you have Domesday LaserDiscs?

Post by ianSmalls »

The Domesday86 project needs you! Do you have a copy of the Domesday LaserDiscs (or any of the AIV titles?). Would you like a perfect digital copy and, at the same time, help the preservation project? I’m based just west of Birmingham M5-J2/3 and have a fully calibrated duplication system. If you want to come visit that’s great (bring a USB drive for the copy) or if you are within 100 miles I can travel to you.
26452201848_7ec0b59dfd_o.jpg
BeebMaster

Re: Do you have Domesday LaserDiscs?

Post by BeebMaster »

I have 2 sets of Domesday Discs and a lone National Disc:

http://beebmaster.co.uk/Domesday/DDiscs.html

One of the National Discs has the ++ mintmark.

Also I have the Ecodisc:

http://beebmaster.co.uk/Domesday/Ecodisc.html

In addition I have 4 British Nuclear Forum laserdiscs (3 titles) which aren't LV-ROM discs but are "interactive" with the software on 3.5" floppy disc. I think they were intended for a system running on an A3000 with a serial podule of some sort connecting to a VP406.
ianSmalls

Post by ianSmalls »

Hi and thanks for getting back to me.

I will drop you a PM.
richw

Post by richw »

Ohh... First time I have seen those mentioned here!

I don't know where they are now, but I had a good look at one of those BNFL systems at a local school. Essentially an Archimedes version of the Domesday setup. An A3000 with a genlock minipodule, RS232 chip, and a SCSI hard disk.

It was a simpler LV player than the Domesday (RS232, not SCSI) and the genlock was in the A3000 rather than the player. Not VFS type discs at all, just pure audio and video sequences. The rest of the software lived on a SCSI hard disk.

A version of Genesis (remember that?!) existed which could control the player, so you could build LV multimedia into your hypercard-style application.

I have been meaning to ask if anyone else had seen one!

Return to “8-bit acorn software: other”