Telesoftware Service

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
duikkie

Re: Telesoftware Service

Post by duikkie » Thu May 10, 2018 5:27 am

was there not a rom called KERMIT, don't ask for that protocol , i never understand how KERMIT . a lot of commands before that was running

hoglet

Post by hoglet » Thu May 10, 2018 5:41 am

John_Newcombe wrote: The screen shots below show BeebEm (running on a Mac) with the program posted earlier by 'hoglet'. This has been formatted and hosted on a viewdata page. The was successfully transferred to Commstar but is stored as a text file not a basic file. I cannot remember how/if this can be converted. Any ideas?
Try using *EXEC

John_Newcombe

Post by John_Newcombe » Thu May 10, 2018 10:34 am

I have updated TELSTAR now. It includes TELESOFTWARE :D .

glasstty.com:6502

The protocol used in the Netherlands does not seem to match that used at the end of Prestel's life as far as I can tell. The protocol implemented on TELSTAR works with Commstar for programs up to 25 frames. I have yet to implement 'Zero' routing which isn't much to do and this will allow many more frames.

The test 'Hello World' program hosted at the moment is a tokenised BASIC program and although it is small, it tests the system reasonably well. I will undertake further tests for binary files when I get chance.

The routing engine has been updated to be similar in the way Prestel worked, however there are a couple of very minor bugs which I will sort out. Also I haven't yet implemented the 'Master Page' navigation stuff where IP's had the three digit master pages. At the moment you end up back at the main index. Currently there is only one service running (it will handle multiple connections), it is named MONTY. It is running out of a data centre in London.

Thank you sooo much for all your efforts on the protocol. I will continue to monitor this thread, but will move back to the project discussion page as the product moves forward.

http://www.stardot.org.uk/forums/viewto ... 53&t=14957

Once again many thanks.

John

duikkie

Post by duikkie » Thu May 10, 2018 12:14 pm

so it will not work in holland :( , i think the teletext service in uk and holland is almost gone anyway. if i remember well we did have a rom for bbc for telesoftware download in holland. do not remember the name. but it will surface one day #-o

duikkie

Post by duikkie » Thu May 10, 2018 8:48 pm

in two parts
Attachments
dd2.doc
(3.58 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
dd1.doc
(3.81 MiB) Downloaded 16 times