WROCC Show 2018 Archives

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
flaxcottage

WROCC Show 2018 Archives

Post by flaxcottage » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:09 am

I was lucky enough to obtain a couple of hundred 5.25" floppy disks all of which contained educational or 'serious' software at the WROCC Show 2018 from the charity stall. The discs all appeared to be from one collection from someone who worked for the Leeds LEA.

Some of this software was 'LOL rare', some MIA and some may contain variants of ROMs which are MIA. Gems encountered so far include CESIL, The MicroText system, BeeBUG C, Valiant Turtle software, a disc-based assembler, VELA software and a scientific, ROM-based word processor.

I have attached the archives so far from this haul just in case anyone is interested/needs the software. More to follow... :D
Attachments
WROCC stuff.zip
(4.52 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
WROCC stuff - Copy.zip
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
- John

Why do I keep collecting Acorn gear? I'm going to need a considerably bigger man-cave. :?

richardtoohey

Re: WROCC Show 2018 Archives

Post by richardtoohey » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:44 am

Sounds good, John.

Any issues with the physical discs or all good so far ... or don't want to say in case it jinxes the rest?! :shock:

flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:34 am

The physical discs are variable in quality depending on how they have been stored.

Some of the worst discs have a 'look' about them. There are less than 10% damaged and these all came from two boxes. So far I have checked about 150 discs, archiving where necessary. When I have finished I shall dispose of the good ones to recoup my costs (minimal). After all I already have hundreds of 5.25" discs and rarely use them. :?
- John

Why do I keep collecting Acorn gear? I'm going to need a considerably bigger man-cave. :?

flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:24 pm

I have now completed the archiving of the floppy discs. Over 200 of them! Perhaps this could be called the DN Baron collection after the collector/originator of all the software.

The archives attached below are in no particular order and include mixed content. Each archive contains a csv file listing the archive contents and in which batch to find the disc images.

There are several discs of BBC music and sampled sounds, plenty of Chemistry notes in View format, some school admin programs, Chemistry software (all MIA) and some BBC Buggy software.

Credit goes to Retroclinic's Datacentre for making the creation of SSD archives such an easy job. Thanks, Mark. =D> =D>
Attachments
WROCC2018 batch4.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
WROCC2018 batch3.zip
(3.84 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
WROCC2018 batch2.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
- John

timmy

Post by timmy » Thu May 24, 2018 10:14 am

Loving the chromatography simulator! Thanks for these!