MAPE Micro-Scope Magazine

bbc/electron apps, languages, utils, educational progs, demos + more
flaxcottage

MAPE Micro-Scope Magazine

Post by flaxcottage »

Thanks to Dave Hitchins of this parish I have been able to archive a number of the MAPE magazines, Micro-Scope, up to issue 50. However, I am missing issues 1 & 2 and 11 to 24 and any beyond issue 50.

I also have a number of the special issues, which I shall archive ASAP.

Does anyone have these missing issues, which they could scan or loan? Indeed, does anyone have any other MAPE materials that could be included in the archive?

I live in hope. [-o<
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
OneSwitch

Re: MAPE Micro-Scope Magazine

Post by OneSwitch »

Great work, John. Really enjoyed having a look through those editions of MAPE Microscope. Would be great to get those missing editions that cover the time when the BBC Micro was released, Information Technology Year (1982), and so on.

I have a couple of large books that may be of interest if I can get scanned.

Greater Manchester Primary Contact Special Issue Number 3 (1985) covering 2 years of developments. Reports, anecdotes, b/w photos, diagrams and print-outs. Bit on Podd being used. Adventure games. Word processors, Logo and Turtle use stories and so on.

Also Educational Software (1991) - A directory of currently available software for primary and secondary education (compiled by the National Council for Educational Technology). Details on about 5000 titles. It's not comprehensive for UK titles, but biggest list I've seen. Bigger than a Blue File archive I've seen.

I have some other bits too, and at least one Microscope Special (Christmas 1990 - with quite a few Concept Keyboard overlays + the diskette to support them:

A side: Graph-IT / Wordplay
B side: Nursery Rhymes / Three stylus overlays "Play your own adventure" file

BBC Version (40T)
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

That haul would be great to add. :D [-o<
- John

OneSwitch

Post by OneSwitch »

Once I've finished part one of my Accessible Gaming Museum, I'll be fast onto the BBC Micro era, and plan to get a load of my BBC Micro/educational resources scanned which I'll happily share. I'll be linking to your page for certain as extra resources.

Meanwhile, have you seen this Blue File No.9? Via - https://oneswitch.org.uk/page/016. You're welcome to copy that, as they were all public domain. I have roughly five of these Blue File ~A5 booklets I plan to scan dating from 1980 onwards. One is a brilliant one that supported the A Little Help from the Chip BBC programme from around 1985.

Will get back in touch, but will be some time before I get to it all.
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

I've heard of the Blue Files but have never managed to acquire any. No. 9 makes interesting reading. I love the use of a typewriter to write the booklet!
- John

Return to “8-bit acorn software: other”