Eclipse PowerPad Driver Issues

Arc/RPCs, peripherals, RISCOS operating system & ARM kit eg GP2x, BeagleBoard
cawley1

Eclipse PowerPad Driver Issues

Post by cawley1 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Guys,
I have just gotten hold of a set of Eclipse PowerPads, but typically there is no driver disk included in the box.

I had a search around and this page seemed to be what I was after http://qubeserver.com/Qube/projects/arcsnespads.html On this page there is also a link to some driver software which looks *exactly* what should be on the missing disk, going by the manual.

Except, I cannot get it to bloody work! I initially copied the files across manually, then remembered the issue with needing to rename long filenames, so zipped them all up and unzipped them in SparkPlug, and I am getting the same issue as when copying manually - basically, despite every application looking correct, complete with icon, they all put up an error 'No run action specified for this file type' when I click them. It even comes up when I open the folder the first time, so I have no idea what is going on.

Does anyone have a copy of the original PowerPad driver disk, that they can send me the files from?

Let me know,
Thanks,
Paul

Bat

Re: Eclipse PowerPad Driver Issues

Post by Bat » Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi,
The only thing I can suggest with my limited RISC knowledge is have you set the file type in the filer menu?
Is there a !run file you have to drag somewhere?
I know it's not much but might jog your memory...
Cheers,
Gavin :)

cawley1

Post by cawley1 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:28 pm

I actually unzipped it to a disk using SparkPlug and that does the same - when you click on the drive icon it puts up the same error message, and that's the same on both my A3000 and an A3010 I have here!

So I am either doing something wrong in the transfer, or there is something amiss with the files.

Bat

Post by Bat » Thu May 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi,
I had problems with zipped stuff.
I was unzipping it first and then n transferring it to my RISC machine. Apparently you can only unzip on the actual RISC machine.
Sorry that's the extent of my knowledge!
Cheers :)

IanS

Post by IanS » Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 pm

The ArcSNES/zip file on the qube site seems ok. I extracted the files in RPCEmu using !SparkPlug, and the files all seem ok.
snes1.PNG
snes2.PNG
Can you post a few more details about how you are trying to extract the files, and pictures of the error messages as they appear. We may be able to help.

sirbod

Post by sirbod » Fri May 11, 2018 8:38 am

I didn’t realise there were drivers for the PowerPad, I’ll have to take a look and see if any support needs adding to ADFFS and/or USBJoystick.

There’s two games that allegedly support the PowerPad directly, Bubble Fair and Wavelength. I’d be interested to know if they do need the drivers loaded to work.

cawley1

Post by cawley1 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Bat wrote:Hi,
I had problems with zipped stuff.
I was unzipping it first and then n transferring it to my RISC machine. Apparently you can only unzip on the actual RISC machine.
Sorry that's the extent of my knowledge!
Cheers :)
And there it is!
I had unzipped it on my PC, but the .zip file I was trying to get working on the Acorn I had *re-zipped* on the poxy PC, hence why it didn't work.
I copied the originally downloaded .zip file to the disk before opening it on the PC, and now it's working fine.

I'll blame it on the late night yesterday!

Thanks everyone for your help.
Paul

Bat

Post by Bat » Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi,
Glad you got it sorted. I'm astounded the only thing I know about RISC OS was actually useful :lol:
Cheers,
Gavin :)