Morley Analog and User port not work

Arc/RPCs, peripherals, RISCOS operating system & ARM kit eg GP2x, BeagleBoard
Fernecho

Morley Analog and User port not work

Post by Fernecho » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Hello all,

I have a problem with a Morley User Port / Analog Port, when the Morley is inserted the A3020 does not turn on, the screen remains black, but if I remove the ROM to the Morley then the A3020 turns on correctly.
I think the Morley ROM is defective, does anyone know where to get an image of the Morley ROM User an Analog port? to be able to burn it in an EPROM.
ROM version V2.01 Morley Electronics

lcww1

Re: Morley Analog and User port not work

Post by lcww1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 pm

I have the same podule fitted in my A3020 - the ROM is a D27C256 device and has a handwritten label on stating V2.01, which looks to be the same as your ROM.

I've attached a dump of the ROM from my working mini-podule - the ROM dump file has been Zipped for uploading to the forum - I hope this helps! Do let us know if this solves your problem......
MorleyIO.zip
Morley I/O Podule V2.01 ROM
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Fernecho

Post by Fernecho » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 pm

lcww1 wrote:I have the same podule fitted in my A3020 - the ROM is a D27C256 device and has a handwritten label on stating V2.01, which looks to be the same as your ROM.

I've attached a dump of the ROM from my working mini-podule - the ROM dump file has been Zipped for uploading to the forum - I hope this helps! Do let us know if this solves your problem......

MorleyIO.zip
As soon as I can I'll burn that image and try to see if it works.
Thank you very much for your help, when I can, I'll comment if it works.

Fernecho

Post by Fernecho » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:54 pm

I have burned in a similar eprom the file and it still does not work, should be a more serious problem in the mother board on the Morley.

lcww1

Post by lcww1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Sorry to hear that, Fernecho - not sure what to suggest next, other than perhaps checking the pcb traces with a multimeter to see if there’s a dodgy dry joint somewhere?

Fernecho

Post by Fernecho » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Surely any track in bad state, I do not understand electronics, he planned a joystick connected to the analog port, but since it does not work I bought a joystick to connect to the parallel port.
Thank you very much for your answers and your help.