I couldn't get MMBImager to run on my Windows 7 (64bit) laptop - kept hitting the error: "Component ‘MSCOMCTL.OCX’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid".
Searching on-line didn't find a specific solution for MMBImager but indicated this might be a VB6 problem. So after a bit more hunting on the net and experimenting with solutions, I have a solution and MMBImager now works fine.
As this solution may be of use to others (and probably also works for 64bit Vista/Windows 8 ), here's how to get it working:
1) After downloading MMBImager, run the file. Confirm you get an error similar to this: "Component ‘MSCOMCTL.OCX’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid".
2) To fix the error, first download http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/mscomctl.cab
3) Open the mscomctl.cab file and copy mscomctl.ocx to c:\windows\SysWOW64 (if it's already there, just skip to the next step)
4) Open an elevated command prompt (with administrator privileges) [- click start, then type 'cmd', right click and run as administrator]
5) In the command window, type "cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64"
6) Now type "regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx"
After a couple of seconds, you should get a message saying "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded". Now MMBImager should run!
However, if you get a message saying this failed (with error 0x8002801c), make sure you are in an elevated command prompt and try steps 6 and 7 again.
discuss PC<>Acorn file transfer issues & the use of FDC, XFER, Omniflop/disk etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1