How To Use !SparkPlug in RPCEmu 0.9.3

discuss pc<>acorn file transfer issues and the use of other utils
Canalboy

How To Use !SparkPlug in RPCEmu 0.9.3

Post by Canalboy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:19 pm

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am a novice with the above and was wondering how you unzip software using !SparkPlug. I am guessing that you copy the unextracted program to somewhere like the Apps directory on the HostFS drive initially but I am only familiar with unzipping in Windows. It doesn't seem to come with a help file.

Regards

Canalboy

IanS

Re: How To Use !SparkPlug in RPCEmu 0.9.3

Post by IanS » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:28 pm

What have you tried, what does or doen't work?

Have you got the Sparkplug app expanded - https://www.4corn.co.uk/articles/sparkplug/

Have you read the rest of the RPCemu guide? https://www.4corn.co.uk/articles/rpcemu371win/

Canalboy

Post by Canalboy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:44 pm

If I select Disc - Floppy -Load Drive: 0 and then choose an. adf file from within the HostFS Directory (800kb in size) nothing seems to happen. Clearly I am missing something.

IanS

Post by IanS » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Canalboy wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:44 pm
If I select Disc - Floppy -Load Drive: 0 and then choose an. adf file from within the HostFS Directory (800kb in size) nothing seems to happen. Clearly I am missing something.
Which adf file, where did you get it from?
After loading the file into drive 0, what happens when you click on the drive :0 icon on the iccon bar?

HostFS is an odd place to pick and adf from. HostFS is to allow files on your host to be seen under the HostFS drive within rpcemu. adf files would normally be outside the HostFS folder.

Canalboy

Post by Canalboy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:24 pm

I think I may have fixed identified the wrinkle. If I choose the format option on the floppy drive in the task bar it says "your disk may be infected by the !Killer virus. Please run a virus check from Pineapple software." This appears some seconds after selecting any .adf file. Lovely. Some work ahead.

Return to “software & utilities for the pc, mac or unix”