For your holidays 42 reasons to never visit France

for all subjects/topics not covered by the other forum categories
Zarchos

For your holidays 42 reasons to never visit France

Post by Zarchos » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:23 am

Happy islanders with your strong currency, in case you want to visit us.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/marietelling/42 ... .mdGVQRROE

:wink:

I think picture number 7 is one of the 'Cascades du hérisson' (Hedgehog river waterfalls), and it brings back some memories seeing the picture.
My grandfa was born in this region, Jura, and a few years before he passes away :( , when I was in my 20s, I drove him back (driving his Citroën XM, wow) to his native place, and I discovered these waterfalls not far from the village where he was born.

richardtoohey

Re: For your holidays 42 reasons to never visit France

Post by richardtoohey » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:50 am

They forgot to mention, the place is full of French and other continentals, though! :shock:

Still, don't worry, if YOU SHOUT IN ENGLISH loudly enough, they usually understand! :roll:

:twisted:

:wink: :lol:

Great pictures of some very attractive places there. =D>

flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 am

I think this picture show should be shown in Calais on a HUGE screen then, maybe, there will not be so many wishing to come to the UK illegally! :lol:

Seriously, though, the scenes are beautiful. I bet, though, forum members could produce very similar ones describing their native countries. Do I feel a competition coming on? :twisted:
- John

Zarchos

Post by Zarchos » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 am

flaxcottage wrote:I think this picture show should be shown in Calais on a HUGE screen then, maybe, there will not be so many wishing to come to the UK illegally! :lol:

Seriously, though, the scenes are beautiful. I bet, though, forum members could produce very similar ones describing their native countries. Do I feel a competition coming on? :twisted:
Yes I agree each country has fascinating places to visit, and in no way I wanted to boast what you can find in mine ; it's why I'll spend a few days or a week in the U.K. (including Scotland) after the show :wink:
I've got lots of great memories of the U.K. , cities or countryside, and its people... unfortunately it's going to be expensive with the weak euro against the sterling.

george.h

Post by george.h » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:06 pm

I agree rubbish place! :^o I keep going back there to remind myself how rubbish it is :^o :lol:

Must admit I lost my fear of deep water at En-Vau and the other calanques around Cassis. Bought a proper snorkelling mask and was too busy seeing all the fish to notice that the water had went from about 1.5m deep to 10m+! :wink:

And as for those awful marzipan things :^o and the Glace au Cassis - they didn't do my waistline any good! Or perhaps that was the quantity of them consumed (way WAY too moreish)? :roll: :lol:

I recognised the pic of Biarritz! A very close friend has family over there two timing between a flat in Hendeye and house in Etxalar, so I have made extensive use of the Ryanair bus-with-wings from Stansted to Biarritz. 8)
Pic Caption: "One day son, this will all be yours..."

roland

Post by roland » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:23 pm

I think 40 of those reasons are not correct. I must admit the food I ate last holiday wasn't as good as the German food but I love the nature. I have been at Etretat and those rocks made a deep (or high?) impression on me.

Even most of the French people I met were very nice and cooperative. So I will certainly visit France again.
FPGAtom: 512 KB RAM, Real Time Clock and 64 colours
MAN WOMAN :shock:

nOmArch

Post by nOmArch » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:41 am

Lol. Great article, vile HDR though and not one picture of the catacombs...
Alex

Back up to 1 Beeb again. \o/

paulb

Post by paulb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Zarchos wrote:Happy islanders with your strong currency, in case you want to visit us.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/marietelling/42 ... .mdGVQRROE

:wink:

I think picture number 7 is one of the 'Cascades du hérisson' (Hedgehog river waterfalls), and it brings back some memories seeing the picture.
My grandfa was born in this region, Jura, and a few years before he passes away :( , when I was in my 20s, I drove him back (driving his Citroën XM, wow) to his native place, and I discovered these waterfalls not far from the village where he was born.
Sorry to hear that your grandfather is no longer with us! :(

At university, it turned out that one of the friends of one of the French guys in our residence was from that area, which he admitted after seeing a T-shirt from Baume-les-Messieurs. Amusingly, one of the other guys was from near where we first went on holiday in Brittany, so it really is a small world. :)

It would be nice to spend a bit more time in the Jura, which I didn't manage to do despite living right under their southernmost peaks - I still miss the view of them through the window - and the scenery can be spectacular, although some of the lakes are actually artificial due to various hydroelectric projects, I believe.

Currently, my working currency is very weak, so maybe I should be pitching Norwegian scenery to the islanders. Dave H is ahead of the game here, but I doubt he's seeing much of the nature when he's visiting. :lol:

daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:10 pm

paulb wrote:Dave H is ahead of the game here, but I doubt he's seeing much of the nature when he's visiting. :lol:
On my first visit the weather was exceptional and I managed to get two hours every evening walking around the fjord. Subsequent visits, due to weather and dark knights nights, I only managed to see the spectacular sunrises, over the fjord, from the hotel window. Hoping my last visit, April 13th, will allow me to get out again [-o<

Dave H :D

paulb

Post by paulb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:31 pm

daveejhitchins wrote:
paulb wrote:Dave H is ahead of the game here, but I doubt he's seeing much of the nature when he's visiting. :lol:
On my first visit the weather was exceptional and I managed to get two hours every evening walking around the fjord. Subsequent visits, due to weather and dark knights nights, I only managed to see the spectacular sunrises, over the fjord, from the hotel window. Hoping my last visit, April 13th, will allow me to get out again [-o<
It's much lighter now, already, and there'll be a few hours more daylight by the time of your next visit. :)

Return to “off-topic”