New magazine-style articles

for all subjects/topics not covered by the other forum categories
jgharston

New magazine-style articles

Post by jgharston » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Years ago I wrote several articles for Micro User and Acorn User (and one for Everyday Electronics) and have some documents that I've put together over the years that would be suitable for publishing in a magazine article type of format. Things like programming techniques and tutorials, API explanations and stuff. I've been thinking that with a bit of tweeking they would be suitable for posting here rather than just languishing on my website, but I wasn't sure which sub-forum they would go in.

The sort of things I've got would have been two or three pages in a paper magazine, with one or two pages of "type-in" code. I'd prefer to put them all in the same subforum rather than scattering them around according to subject. I could post them in miscellaneous/general if there isn't a better place to put them.

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.25
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2015
>_

davidb

Re: New magazine-style articles

Post by davidb » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Perhaps you could add pages to the Retro Software Wiki and link them in from the UsefulDocs page.

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 am

My goodness, yes - I think they'd be far more suited to the Retro Software programming wiki, rather than being posted to a forum (where they'd end up lost on Page 30 after about a year!)l
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

Samwise
Site Admin

Post by Samwise » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:00 pm

+1 for getting them on the wiki and not lost in a forum!