Logging on to ebay

for all subjects/topics not covered by the other forum categories
Fraser

Logging on to ebay

Post by Fraser » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Its refusing me and I know my password is correct. I've tried 2 computers. I've set IE to low security and it still won't log me on. I've not seen ebay refuse me before. Can anyone else log on?

CMcDougall

gayBay

Post by CMcDougall » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:02 pm

I can log in OK, but when it comes to paying with PayPal, its a pain in the arse. They say some1 is always changing my password and or trying to use it. So i have to type in Card #s and change password.

Thats 3 times now, in less than 4 months, bunch of Images

Its not that good now, should be called gayBay, as other forums call it now. Handy with the showing post cost now, as people were trying to bump the HIGH gayBay fees. :wink:

PS it should remember U anyway, as its in the Cookies. Mine does, its when u want to buy/look at completed items, it asks for Password, then minds for about 3 hours :roll:

garfield

Re: gayBay

Post by garfield » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:18 pm

CMcDougall wrote:bunch of Images

gayBay
"icon_batty.gif" and "gayBay"? You're not even using those things ironically.

Don't you think that language in that context (a casual, implicit association that homosexuals = bad) that contributes in a small way to the unwarranted persecution of a minority of people born gay?

Language should be totally free. Even if the opinions carried therein makes someone look a bit of a cunt. (I think Voltaire might have said it better, but I'm more of a George Carlin!)

-garfield (straight, if it matters)

Re: Logging on to ebay

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:25 pm

Hi Fraser,
Fraser wrote:Can anyone else log on?
eBay has been fine for me all day - I usually use Firefox however I switched back to IE just to check and everything was fine for me. Have you tried clearing your cookies using (in case you're not sure where to go but I'm sure you are) Tools->Internet Options... and then the Delete Cookies... button?

I have most of my issues, along with the rest of the UK user base I think, with eBay manifest themselves on Sunday nights... I think I should learn a lesson that I should not make all of the items I list end on a Sunday evening...

There some interesting BBC items finishing soon then?

Hope you are all fixed now...

melchett

Re: Logging on to ebay

Post by melchett » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:33 pm

Weird, the bulletin board didn't ask me to log on when I posted this:
Anonymous wrote:Hi Fraser,
Fraser wrote:Can anyone else log on?
eBay has been fine for me all day - I usually use Firefox however I switched back to IE just to check and everything was fine for me. Have you tried clearing your cookies using (in case you're not sure where to go but I'm sure you are) Tools->Internet Options... and then the Delete Cookies... button?

I have most of my issues, along with the rest of the UK user base I think, with eBay manifest themselves on Sunday nights... I think I should learn a lesson that I should not make all of the items I list end on a Sunday evening...

There some interesting BBC items finishing soon then?

Hope you are all fixed now...
Wonder what I did differently...

CMcDougall

gayBay

Post by CMcDougall » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:21 am

garfield wrote: "icon_batty.gif" and "gayBay"? You're not even using those things ironically.

Don't you think that language in that context (a casual, implicit association that homosexuals = bad) that contributes in a small way to the unwarranted persecution of a minority of people born gay?

Language should be totally free. Even if the opinions carried therein makes someone look a bit of a @@@@cunt@@@@. (I think Voltaire might have said it better, but I'm more of a George Carlin!)

-garfield (straight, if it matters)
This 'smilley' is the bollox m8, its now in EVERY1s treads on ALL other forums, so i brought it here OK! (if u dont like, look away NOW!) and using lanuage like 'c@nt' is WELL out of order m8.

Edit: <insult removed by Dave>

CMcDougall

Frazer

Post by CMcDougall » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:46 am

Edit: <personal insults removed by Dave>
Last edited by CMcDougall on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:47 am

I've had enough of your unwanted talk Colin.

I get a Security Alert message. Its says the name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. It says it was issued to securepics.ebaystatic.com by Anonymizer CA. I am using Anonymizer so thats not odd. I am almost certainly seeing a malicious program at work. I've tried clearing cookies and all the cache. There is also another certificate it tries to make me accept.

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:49 am

Fraser wrote:I've had enough of your unwanted talk Colin..
Edit: <personal insults removed by Dave>

admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:59 am

Right, I've had to do a bit of snipping as I want STH to remain a friendly place to visit.

Colin, I really do appreciate your efforts to keep this forum alive, and the help you've given to other users, but surely you can appreciate that homophobic remarks and insults are going to get people's backs up? I'd hate to see any of the [few] regular posters we have here being driven away ... :cry:

Anyway, something to bear in mind for future posts, PLEASE?! [-o<

admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:01 am

Oh, and please, no more use of icon_w***er.gif and icon_batty.gif! [-X

Topic locked.

If anybody has any further remarks about this, please send them to my 'StairwayToHell' username via PM (as I don't log into the Admin account very often).