info: is there a 8 bit pwm generator chip?

for all subjects/topics not covered by the other forum categories
avtovaz

info: is there a 8 bit pwm generator chip?

Post by avtovaz » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 pm

i want to control a servo motor to operate some veneration blinds, ive seen a motor, and i think it needs 0-50 hertz for 0 to full angle of its operation. I want to program the motor using BBC basic, and also my raspberry pi.

Im looking for a way to do; say an 8 bit shift register chip like the SN74HC595N, but it can output 0-50 hertz, or a way of doing that with an 8 bit register. Im doing this as i say with BBC basic.

can anyone help with ideas on how i can do it?

thankyou

MartinB

Re: info: is there a 8 bit pwm generator chip?

Post by MartinB » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:39 am

Do you want to use a Beeb or just a Pi and Beeb Basic? If the former, search the I2C 4 U thread for ‘PWM’ and you’ll see what goodness can be achieved.... :wink:

avtovaz

Re: info: is there a 8 bit pwm generator chip?

Post by avtovaz » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:38 pm

i have the pi, Richard Russels amazing basic, and some blinds i cba operating. :oops:

I am not sure what to do, i have one wired to a small geared motor, but it needs limit switches and a H bridge, all can be done but with a stepper motor it can go both ways easier [i think!] Not sure what to do tbh,

I looked at a potentiometer as a limit switch, but i dont know how id get it to work in the way i want, but its full scope is what i want for the blinds. Maybe ill look into that way more..

thanks

Return to “off-topic”