My funky new RetroComputerShack SCART lead

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

Pablos544

My funky new RetroComputerShack SCART lead

Post by Pablos544 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for the helpful tips and support for the SCART cable. I got it yesterday and it's proving really good.

This is a video I did of my playing Manic Miner

http://youtu.be/cM3lKyxDDSg

I think the quality is awesome however on the video it looks quite mild compared to the picture you get. I did try two cameras, my "ebay" items camera and my normal Samsung S5 camera and it seems in the end I was able to get better picture quality (and sound) with my phone, although it's a bit cropped as you can see.

Hope you enjoy it. I really enjoyed doing it :lol:

All the best, Pablo.

flaxcottage

Re: My funky new RetroComputerShack SCART lead

Post by flaxcottage » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Very enjoyable!!
private.jpg
[-X [-X :lol: :lol:
- John

Why do I keep collecting Acorn gear? I'm going to need a considerably bigger man-cave. :?

Pablos544

Post by Pablos544 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 am

flaxcottage wrote:Very enjoyable!!
private.jpg
[-X [-X :lol: :lol:
:lol: I didn't realise it was still on private. I know what I forgot - I should have pushed "Publish" - for some reason it remains private until you actually push this button but well spotted, flaxcottage. :oops:

still look at it this way

my mistake has given me the chance to go over this and try to make something of it.

e.g. I've added interesting cuts between keyboarding action and the onscreen Manic Miner game - before it wouldn't have been much to look at anyway, just a tall wardrobe picture with a TV sitting on top and a BBC at the bottom. You know, a typical mobile phone video.

The moral of the story is: always push the "Publish" button :roll:

To be fair I did "test" view it but when you view it it may seem like it's working but in actual fact it still isn't available to the Public.

sorry to be annoying. :oops: But hopefully you'll agree I made the most of it.

Here's the new vid:

http://youtu.be/NOcmihR61ww

All the best, Pablo.

tom_seddon

Post by tom_seddon » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:07 pm

I agree about the SCART quality. It's fantastic. I had £10 in my paypal account, so I bought a SCART cable off some random guy on eBay. For some reason, it doesn't work very well with my usual beebing TV, a cheap 17" LCD I bought from Tesco, giving a vibrant but shimmery picture. But it looks 100% awesome on the TV in my front room.

And when I say "100% awesome", I mean it literally. The colours are ridiculous. If you think you've seen red... think again. You have seen something vaguely reddish, no more than that. A sad, pale, murky imitation of the one true red. I felt like I needed to burst into song the moment god's own red was first revealed to me though the SCART cable, but I was struck dumb by what my eyes were seeing. It was red turned up to 11. It was 150% red on the RGB scale. It was none more red. It was transcendent.

Certainly one of the better £10s I have spent.

--Tom

Pablos544

Post by Pablos544 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:54 pm

tom_seddon wrote:...And when I say "100% awesome", I mean it literally. The colours are ridiculous. If you think you've seen red... think again. You have seen something vaguely reddish, no more than that. A sad, pale, murky imitation of the one true red. I felt like I needed to burst into song the moment god's own red was first revealed to me though the SCART cable, but I was struck dumb by what my eyes were seeing. It was red turned up to 11. It was 150% red on the RGB scale. It was none more red. It was transcendent.

Certainly one of the better £10s I have spent.

--Tom
I thought it was just could I be having an LSD Acid flashback from my youth! :D I'm really glad you said that tom_seddon :lol: