Treasure Hunt (the other one)

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

Jimbob

Treasure Hunt (the other one)

Post by Jimbob » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:55 am

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you with this - I may have even asked before, in which case I'm a terrible human being.

When I was a kid, our school had an "educational" game called Treasure Hunt. I always bring it up in conversation about how not to do puzzles in games, as, at the start, you had to select 2 items from a choice of 6, and, unless you choose the seemingly useless jar of jam, someone wouldn't exchange it for a vitally important key. "I'd give you this key for some jam, but you haven't any".

The trouble is, I can't find it anywhere! It's like I've made it up or something. No-one my age seems to remember it, the internet doesn't seem to recognise it, and I can't find it on STH - only the BBC game show spin-off.

Can anyone else possibly help me out here - any sort of acknowledgement at all would be great!

Thanks
Repton Shoes!

flaxcottage

Re: Treasure Hunt (the other one)

Post by flaxcottage » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 am

Can't find it in my Educational Archive, sorry. Nor do I actually remember it from BITD. :(

I am currently wading my way through literally hundreds of discs. If I come across it I shall post it for you.
- John

Why do I keep collecting Acorn gear? I'm going to need a considerably bigger man-cave. :?

Jimbob

Re: Treasure Hunt (the other one)

Post by Jimbob » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks Mr. Cottage! I don't envy you with that workload.
(Actually, when I think about it... I do envy you, that sounds like a labour of love!)
Repton Shoes!