CITADEL 3, 2005 !!!!!!!!

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

streaks

CITADEL 3, 2005 !!!!!!!!

Post by streaks » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:38 pm

Screenshots from my remake: ;D http://www.defproc.co.uk/streaks/citade ... reens.html

The screens are a little dark, so, apologies.

ANY CITADEL FANS OUT THERE?????

The Citadel 3 engine is finished and I stopped because I simple don't have a plot hehe... If anyone's had their mind on a Citadel remake and wanna suggest something, I'm all ears, otherwise this will never get finished.

I don't want to simply remake the first Citadel but I want a game based in that universe. Maybe rewrite the original Citadel story? Like Doom3 is to Doom1? The use of objects in similar Citadel puzzles is ideal but new twists are welcome. Designing the maps would be good too.

Have a look at the screenshots and see if you get inspired.

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:46 am

wow, I look forward to seeing it.
unfortunately, I kind of pipped you to the post, although my citadel 3 never was formally released, and only ever seen by a few people.

http://www.pling.biz/popups/citadel/citadel.htm

Mine is about 75% complete (representing the lack of an endgame.) It was never completed due to Superior being more interested in VB/C++ developed games (mine's made in Flash.)

streaks

Post by streaks » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:23 pm

hah i really like the look of yours! i dont get why superior wasnt allover it.

when u make remakes u can never really be in it for money. i just do it cos i like to think someone would be interested.

we should do a project together ya know :P

streaks

Post by streaks » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:25 pm

by the way can you tell me a few things about it?

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:18 pm

yes, the 2 best puzzles were:
1)you had to collect a cage, with which you caught a fish (although there may have been a little confusion here by the late addition of a second fish - which was a red herring!) which you then had to feed to the temple guardian (a la citadel1) in order to get the crystal from the roof - although you needed another object to make sure you could actually collect it.
2) you had to collect 3 parts to redirect the beams from the array (pictured on my site) you then needed to place the carbon lump under the redirected beams to convert it to a crystal.

with the 3 crystals you could then teleport - but you first had to move the dish, if not you teleported into space and died.

This is where my game ended - but the idea was to have a second citadel which was mirror of the first citadel reflected underneath (citadel 3 - a tale of 2 citadels!) This would also have had a series of puzzles - but after 150 odd screens I'd had enough.

streaks

Post by streaks » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:30 pm

egh i keep losing posts on this thing. i replied hours ago but it didnt seem to post

egh im not typing all that again

any chance of us doing a swap? im curious about your game

and wanna team up on something?

msn: barten@afterthought.co.uk
aim: EvilStreaks
email: dave_farren2000@yahoo.com

Kecske Bak

Post by Kecske Bak » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:19 pm

charlie wrote:Mine is about 75% complete (representing the lack of an endgame.) It was never completed due to Superior being more interested in VB/C++ developed games (mine's made in Flash.)
Well, if you can program in Actionscript 2 then programming in Microsoft C# will present you with no real problems at all. And as that's part of the .NET framework then Superior would go for it as all the .NET languages use the CLR (Common Language Runtime).

I went from Actionscript to C# with little difficulty.

AJW

Post by AJW » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:58 pm

No chance of a platform-independent version then? Emulator or something else?

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:26 am

well, that was kind of the appeal of doing work in Flash, essentially it is cross platform.

AJW

Post by AJW » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:46 pm

Missed that bit! Looks promising.