Shoot the noun

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

elretardo87

Shoot the noun

Post by elretardo87 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:00 am

When I was at school they had this game, in Latin, called we called shoot the noun...basically nouns fell from the top of the screen and you had to shoot all the nouns with the wrong ending only leaving the right one.

Now I've been hunting for this for 4years now...an this is my last chance...any help would be greatly appreciated.

regregex

Ecce Romani!

Post by regregex » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:02 pm

Ah, memories!

Code: Select all

PUER ET PUELLA IN ATRIO AMBULANT
..plus a display of a block graphic boy and girl goose-stepping around the hall. When excited they would run about in the piscina... it must have been in winter. The title you're looking for is Ecce Romani by the Scottish Classics Group (Longman Publishing I believe.) The programs really made you pay attention and learn your vocabulary.

I'm sorry I never got interested in saving this kind of software while in school. The Chemistry Department had an early "multimedia" title called The Mole Concept which displayed pictures to accompany a soundtrack you are meant to have recorded off Radio 2 (or ordered from the BBC at exorbitant prices if overseas.) Afterwards there was a simulated titration experiment to test if you'd been paying attention.

elretardo87

Post by elretardo87 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:54 pm

cheers man...now I just need to find it.

flaxcottage

Re: Shoot the noun

Post by flaxcottage » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:16 am

- John

Why do I keep collecting Acorn gear? I'm going to need a considerably bigger man-cave. :?

richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:36 am

And people talk about ME dragging out old threads. :lol:

Still, it's not quite 10 years old.

But pretty close! =D>

lurkio

Post by lurkio » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:57 pm

A high-speed grammatical shoot-em-up! In Mode 7!
shoot_the_noun.png
regregex wrote:...in school. The Chemistry Department had an early "multimedia" title called The Mole Concept which displayed pictures to accompany a soundtrack you are meant to have recorded off Radio 2 (or ordered from the BBC at exorbitant prices if overseas.) Afterwards there was a simulated titration experiment to test if you'd been paying attention.
I wonder if John has a copy of this one too..? :wink:

flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:03 pm

lurkio wrote:I wonder if John has a copy of this one too..? :wink:
Nope, sorry. Science software is a bit thin on the ground. :(

Edit:
As Lurkio has pointed out to me, the archive does have this title. The snag is my brain is proving to be ever more fallible. :(
- John

Why do I keep collecting Acorn gear? I'm going to need a considerably bigger man-cave. :?