Exile Review Copy

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

billcarr2005

Exile Review Copy

Post by billcarr2005 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm

A recent eBay purchase!
Protection is the same as the release disc.
The build date is 14/10/88 Disc RELEASE 100 compared to 21/10/88 Disc Final Release 1
Apart from having no "Welcome to the land of the exile" at the beginning, i'm not sure if there are any real differences. I've included the passwords i've needed to get through the password check from the default position.
Attachments
EXILE-RC.zip
(55.53 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

LeeB

Re: Exile Review Copy

Post by LeeB » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Hmmm, no can't see any differences at first glance myself either, but i only zoomed around for 15mins or so.
There is a Superior Software 'S' logo above the Pericles though.

I have to admit, when i first saw the topic heading, i was hoping you'd managed to uncover the version that was in a magazine screenshot once that had a very different ship in it and what looked like a dog or something.

Thanks for sharing though. I just love this game - can't get enough of it! :)

davidb

Re: Exile Review Copy

Post by davidb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:45 am

LeeB wrote:I have to admit, when i first saw the topic heading, i was hoping you'd managed to uncover the version that was in a magazine screenshot once that had a very different ship in it and what looked like a dog or something.
I thought that the dog would be an earlier version of Fluffy, but I got as far as Fluffy in the review version and it's the same sprite as in the final game. So, either the dog is another character or this version isn't early enough.