Early Exile Version

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

billcarr2005

Early Exile Version

Post by billcarr2005 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Slightly misleading topic heading, given the Early Elite Version... would've liked to have seen Exile including the dog - an early incarnation of Fluffy?
Attachments
EarlyExile.jpg
Micro User, May 1988
EarlyExile.jpg (93.93 KiB) Viewed 718 times

Rich Talbot-Watkins

Re: Early Exile Version

Post by Rich Talbot-Watkins » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:35 am

Nice find! I'd been wondering which edition that picture was in, after reading about it in L&F. I guess they had to simplify the graphics so that they'd fit into the ludicrously small amount of memory available - I guess a dog would have quite a lot of frames of animation, and Fluffy was a very simple animation - I think it even shared graphics with another object (perhaps a bush or a beehive or something).

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:12 pm

I think this was probably a mock-up as opposed to an early version. Unless I'm mistaken, and even allowing for the black and white, the spaceman in this picture is TRIAX, not Finn!

I suppose the original Finn might have looked like Triax and then been altered later in time. But they might have just drawn the dog in for a laugh.

LeeB

Post by LeeB » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 am

Argh! I remember seeing that back in the day and then seeing the final game and wondering where I could find that area let alone the dog!

*still pining for the pipedream of having an Exile map editor* :twisted: