Electron ELITE Cheat

reminisce about classic bbc micro and acorn electron games here
Related forum: adventures

Elk2019

Electron ELITE Cheat

Post by Elk2019 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi all. I sat and entered the "Elite Cheat" listing from Electron User (Nov 1988), proof read it and saved it as a text (.txt) file. I have tried but have not been able to transfer it to an .SSD disk image. I have attached the listing. Can somebody please help?
Attachments
ELK_Elite_Cheat.txt
(10.03 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

0xC0DE

Re: Electron ELITE Cheat

Post by 0xC0DE » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:52 pm

Here you go mate
cheat.ssd
(9 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Edit: there are many ways to do this. My method this time: start Beebem. File | Disc Options | New Disc. Copy contents of txt file (on clipboard). Paste into Beebem (Edit | Paste). SAVE "CHEAT". File | Disc Options | Eject Disc.
Last edited by 0xC0DE on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro

Elk2019

Post by Elk2019 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Many thanks 0xC0DE =D> ...that was incredibly FAST! I would love to know how u did it? Can u point me to any link?

0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Elk2019 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:10 pm
Many thanks 0xC0DE =D> ...that was incredibly FAST! I would love to know how u did it? Can u point me to any link?
Edited my previous post :mrgreen:
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro

Elk2019

Post by Elk2019 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:20 pm

Fantastic. :) I will give it a go. Normally I enter listings using notepad, SAVE as a .txt file. Then start Electrem emulator. Select BASIC->Import BASIC from file. OLD followed by LIST & RUN.

rmbrowngr

Post by rmbrowngr » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:19 am

Electrem has paste but it is buggy. It only works for a few pastes. For Electron development I use BeebEm to paste text from PSPad, save the program to disk, and then load the program into Elkulator from the same disk.

I find ElectrEM a bit buggy. ElectrEM hasn’t been updated for a number of years and doesn’t work well with Windows 10. Elkulator works better on Windows 10. It also can be configured for either DFS or ADFS file systems.
Richard B
Acorn Electrons issue 4 and 6, MRB, Plus 1, AP6, AP5, Pegasus 400, BeebSCSI, Gotek, Raspberry Pi, GoSDC MBE.
BBC B+ 64K (128K upgraded) with Duel OS, Raspberry Pi and Gotek.

ThomasHarte

Post by ThomasHarte » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:44 pm

rmbrowngr wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:19 am
I find ElectrEM a bit buggy. ElectrEM hasn’t been updated for a number of years and doesn’t work well with Windows 10. Elkulator works better on Windows 10. It also can be configured for either DFS or ADFS file systems.
With ElectrEm you can just import the text file directly as BASIC — the emulator will tokenise it and store it directly into RAM, no copying and pasting necessary. That said, it does run atop SDL 1.x, which is deprecated, and uses a version of that so old that it's probably using DirectDraw, which will soon have been deprecated for twenty years.

I haven't owned a Windows machine or licence since 2003, and haven't used one since maybe 2007, so that's a consequence of that.

That said, if Apple switches to ARM on Monday and announces that OpenGL won't be making the transition then we'll be comparing twenty years of deprecation meaning that software doesn't work well to two years of deprecation meaning that software won't run at all.

rmbrowngr

Post by rmbrowngr » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:49 pm

I did start looking at the code of ElectrEM that is available to look at porting it to C# for the hell of it and up dating it for Windows some years ago. Unfortunately work and life got in the way and then I bought an Electron. I foolishly sold my first Electron (£80’s including plus 1 and software) when I bought a Goldstar 286 PC.
Richard B
Acorn Electrons issue 4 and 6, MRB, Plus 1, AP6, AP5, Pegasus 400, BeebSCSI, Gotek, Raspberry Pi, GoSDC MBE.
BBC B+ 64K (128K upgraded) with Duel OS, Raspberry Pi and Gotek.

Return to “8-bit acorn software: classic games”