Exile: Door Pass

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

Dave_E

Exile: Door Pass

Post by Dave_E » Thu May 03, 2018 9:08 pm

For all of you who've never seen this quirk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7Rt6rLjYc

VectorEyes

Re: Exile: Door Pass

Post by VectorEyes » Thu May 03, 2018 9:41 pm

I once lured the homing-rocket-firing robot out of his little room, pushed him off the edge so that he landed down at the bottom of the cyan-walled area next to a yellow door. Then when I was fighting him down there one of his rockets hit me when I was standing right next to the door, and it blew me 'through' the door so I ended up standing on the other side! It was fun exploring the area before I was 'supposed' to be there.

sbadger

Post by sbadger » Fri May 04, 2018 7:08 am

There was another quirk to get through any door, I recall a friend showing me at school. I used to be able to do it too but don't recall the exact method. It was something like:-

You stood a close to any door as possible, tab to face away, have a grenade ready in the pocket, get the grenade out at the same time as turning to face the door. You ended up on the other side of the door and the grenade stayed on the original side.

I've tried to do it recently but couldn't get it to work but there is certainly doable.
So many projects, so little time...

starry76

Post by starry76 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:14 am

Yep, used to do this all the time. Fly full speed at the top of the door guarding the room with the icer in, then get a grenade out and you get popped through the door.