Superior Software 1987

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

occularis

Re: Superior Software 1987

Post by occularis » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:06 pm

Nice! That was my brother and his friend that visited Superior. They just wrote a letter (to Richard Hanson I believe) and asked if they could visit, and got a yes!

occularis

Post by occularis » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:11 pm

Another memory just came up: I wrote to Superior to suggest an idea for Repton: when the player didn't do anything for a while, instead of Repton doing a looking left/right animation, he'd "knock" on the computer screen as if to wake the player up, and there would be a knocking noise. Superior wrote back and said "We like that idea, here's payment for it" with something like 15 quid. In the end they said they had difficulty getting the idea to work (animation/graphic problem, I suppose) so didn't put it in.

crj

Post by crj » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:11 am

It sounds like you'll love Mad Professor Mariarti. :-p

geraldholdsworth

Post by geraldholdsworth » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:41 am

occularis wrote:when the player didn't do anything for a while, instead of Repton doing a looking left/right animation, he'd "knock" on the computer screen as if to wake the player up, and there would be a knocking noise.
In the end they said they had difficulty getting the idea to work (animation/graphic problem, I suppose) so didn't put it in.
Well, actually they did - have you played PC Repton?
Gerald Holdsworth
Repton Resource Page
www.reptonresourcepage.co.uk

occularis

Post by occularis » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:13 am

geraldholdsworth wrote:
occularis wrote:when the player didn't do anything for a while, instead of Repton doing a looking left/right animation, he'd "knock" on the computer screen as if to wake the player up, and there would be a knocking noise.
In the end they said they had difficulty getting the idea to work (animation/graphic problem, I suppose) so didn't put it in.
Oh! I had no idea! I've not played the PC Repton much. Lovely to know it got used in the end!

PCRepton

Post by PCRepton » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:23 pm

occularis wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:13 am
geraldholdsworth wrote:
Oh! I had no idea! I've not played the PC Repton much. Lovely to know it got used in the end!
That's a nice anecdote! I remember when Richard sent me the graphics and asked me to add that into the PC version. We
were both really pleased how it looked!

David B