Polar Perils Cover Scan

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

Dave_E

Polar Perils Cover Scan

Post by Dave_E » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 pm

I was just wondering something...

Squirrel produced a number of games for the BBC/Electron. Super Golf seems to come up quite regularly so I guess they sold lots of these. Bun Fun I've never seen for sale, although Dave M had a single copy of it which I acquired a few years ago. Trafalgar I've seen a few times. TV Director once in a blue moon but ok, I've seen it.

Now there were a few more Squirrel titles which we know about from Electron User and The Micro User reviews.

One of these is Moneywise. I've never seen the inlay for this, although I do have a copy of the tape.

The other is Polar Perils, BBC version on one side, Electron on the other. I also have a copy of the tape for this but no inlay.

Now I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has an inlay for Polar Perils (or indeed Moneywise). It seems too much of a coincidence that both of these games by Squirrel don't have inlays and that I've never seen inlays for either of them. Perhaps Squirrel distributed them without inlays and only by mail order if someone directly wrote to them and bought them. With Bun Fun being so rare though, I'm also wondering if there *are* inlays and it *is* just a coincidence that I never found them.

Anyone got Polar Perils or Moneywise in their collection? If so, do they have inlays?

CMcDougall

Re: Polar Perils Cover Scan

Post by CMcDougall » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 pm

some covers here : http://www.stairwaytohell.com/games/s.html 3/4 down pg, but as you say Dave, none you mensioned.

I mind having Trafalgar, but had no instructions on other side of cover, so just cover pic on front.

offT: DaveM thinks you *may* have bought Sea At War -BetaSoft from Paul, just need to confirm,
you also have covers for the others, do you have the tapes too??
ImageImageImage

Arcadian
Site Admin

Re: Polar Perils Cover Scan

Post by Arcadian » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:26 pm

CMcDougall wrote:offT: DaveM thinks you *may* have bought Sea At War -BetaSoft from Paul, just need to confirm
Not bought from Paul, Dave already had them I believe ...
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

ABug SOUTH (Hampshire) (1-3 June 2018)