Search found 761 matches
- Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:34 am
- Forum: other vintage computer hardware, software and games
- Topic: Fixing the Grundy NewBrains
- Replies: 7
- Views: 507
Samtec do a range of pre-made cables. Check out their range and if you find anything suitable let me know and I may be able to get one for you.
Would something like this do?
Would something like this do?
* Caution - may contain Grotbags and Emus * There's a sound effect common in 80s kids' shows, commonly used for anything from bubbling cauldrons to unorthodox machinery. It's here quietly in the background. A kind of semi-tuneful blarping and blooping. https://youtu.be/n9jmNVPHirQ?t=222 Does anyone ...
- Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:55 am
- Forum: hardware
- Topic: What are people happy soldering ?
- Replies: 43
- Views: 1521
I use Hakko T18-C3 . The idea that you need a tiny tip for fine work is nonsense. A tiny tip won't deliver the heat you need. It's all about the flux. Also like Daniel said don't use huge amounts of solder. In the video below I'm just using a tips worth. If you connect 2 pins then just either drag ...
- Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:39 am
- Forum: software & utilities for the pc, mac or unix
- Topic: Request for help in organising/releasing source code
- Replies: 92
- Views: 4346
+1 to that. Baby steps. Commit in what you have, as it is, and learn about how the system works. Especially branching. Branches don't cost anything and are perfect for experimenting. Keep master clean/working at all times. Work in a branch until it's looking how you want it to then merge that back t...
This is very exciting. If I wasn't so busy I'd be looking for my LCSoft board right now. I'll be happy to help out with traces for other machines but it will be a while before I can get to a z80. *edit* I've written a few things for the ZX81 in my time, if you'd like the source for a game (16k requi...
- Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am
- Forum: acorn atom and system
- Topic: new to atom: ram rom mmc joystick power
- Replies: 24
- Views: 1290
I have to admit that I didn't consider mounting on top like the econet board - I always just imagined popping the main interface board underneath the atom motherboard with the slot card hanging outside. I didn't think there was room on top as it's pretty cosy there under the lid. I was wary of short...
I buy most of my xilinx cplds from china via aliexpress. Some have looked odd, with slightly too-large lettering or some other visual artifact that aroused suspicion. They have all been fine though. They all programmed first time, retained their programming, and there have been no weird occurrences ...
I use vinyl dye to colour plastics. It apparently bonds with the plastic rather than covering it, so it doesn't chip or peel. It also doesn't affect the texture of the surface you're painting as much as a regular paint. The colour range is slightly limited though, and it's more expensive. Still wort...
I have boards available. They are built on demand and are usually customised according to the demands of the Atom that they are destined to fit. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.