ADFS 1.30 disassembly

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
User avatar
daveejhitchins
Posts: 3664
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham

Re: ADFS 1.30 disassembly

Postby daveejhitchins » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:11 am

hoglet wrote:Now, just need a kind volunteer Plus3 owner to check the floppy driver part still works. Any takers?
Me - me - me :D

I've just built the first 'production' AP5 (yet to program the CPLD) so I'll do the testing with 1.03 fitted to the Acorn Plus 3 and test the floppy drives too.

More later . . .

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

User avatar
daveejhitchins
Posts: 3664
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham

Re: ADFS 1.30 disassembly

Postby daveejhitchins » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:58 am

OK . . . Just managed to test 1.03 in an Acorn Plus 3. Unfortunately it doesn't access the floppy drives. So it probably needs the addressing to the 1772 changing.

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

User avatar
hoglet
Posts: 6477
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:21 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: ADFS 1.30 disassembly

Postby hoglet » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:04 am

daveejhitchins wrote:OK . . . Just managed to test 1.03 in an Acorn Plus 3. Unfortunately it doesn't access the floppy drives. So it probably needs the addressing to the 1772 changing.

It is currently using &FCC0-&FCC7. Is that not correct?

Does ELK100 work at all? (That's floppy + scsi)

Dave

User avatar
daveejhitchins
Posts: 3664
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham

Re: ADFS 1.30 disassembly

Postby daveejhitchins » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:07 am

hoglet wrote:
daveejhitchins wrote:OK . . . Just managed to test 1.03 in an Acorn Plus 3. Unfortunately it doesn't access the floppy drives. So it probably needs the addressing to the 1772 changing.

It is currently using &FCC0-&FCC7. Is that not correct?

Does ELK100 work at all? (That's floppy + scsi)

Dave
Sorry, just on my way out, so can't check . . . I'm assuming the addressing in incorrect as I get no drive light. I've had no further time to check. I may get a little time this evening, though. After that it'll be next Thursday, as I'm taking my Dad home to Portsmouth tomorrow.

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

User avatar
SimonSideburns
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:09 pm
Location: Purbrook, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: ADFS 1.30 disassembly

Postby SimonSideburns » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:07 pm

daveejhitchins wrote:I may get a little time this evening, though. After that it'll be next Thursday, as I'm taking my Dad home to Portsmouth tomorrow.

Dave H :D


My neck of the woods. I'm near Waterlooville just 'over the hill' from Portsmouth.
I'm writing a game where you can change your character from a Wizard to a monkey to a cat.

Well, Imogen that!


Return to “software: other”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests