Ravenskull Poster

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
uniforix

Ravenskull Poster

Postby uniforix » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Gutted, I bought a Ravenskull poster from Atticbug but Royal Mail have lost it by looks of it :(

Does anyone know where I could obtain one? This was an original but be happy with a good modern high quality print, preferably A3 size but A4 if not possible.

Thanks, it's my favourite artwork from Elk games.

ravenskull-poster.jpg

lurkio

Re: Ravenskull Poster

Postby lurkio » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:58 pm

If no one on Stardot can help, then try contacting Superior Software at superiorinteractive.com on the off-chance that they still have some old stock lying around -- unlikely, I know.

A further suggestion: try asking Mark Hardisty if he's interested in recreating it. He's reworked some Acornsoft game box covers in the past. He recently posted about his recreation of the Quondam (Acornsoft) artwork on the 8-bit Text Adventures group on Facebook.

:idea:

geraldholdsworth

Postby geraldholdsworth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Richard Hanson (Superior Interactive) will more than likely send you to his brother Steve, who still runs Superior Software. It's worth asking Steve - I did have his email somewhere, but Richard will furnish you with it upon request.
Gerald Holdsworth
Repton Resource Page
www.reptonresourcepage.co.uk

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi, it was Impact Posters (which later became the 4th Dimension) that produced and supplied (under license) the posters originally - so I doubt Superior would have ever had much of a stash (if any) but worth contacting them I suppose just in case ...
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

ABug Leicestershire (17-19 November 2017)

uniforix

Postby uniforix » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks for suggestions, I will try Superior and see if they can get the artwork, would be awesome if they can :D in the meantime if anyone does come across on really appreciate sourcing one.

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 pm

OK your post inspired me to dig out my folder of glossy A2 game prints.

I only have one Ravenskull sadly and I'm keeping that, though I do have two Crazee Riders (so I could make one of these available for sale) and three Codename Droids (so could make two of these available). However I'm dismayed to find that I didn't even keep a single Zarch for myself! :(

Edit: I better hold one of the Droids for trixter who was after one last year.

These are actually 1:1 reproductions of the original Impact posters - which I scanned in about 10 years ago @ 300dpi (all posters were originally supplied folded so I had to painstakingly remove the creases from them in paintshop - each one took about a day!).

I do have the original/folded posters - somewhere - but I'm hoping when I begin to drag my pallets out from long term storage in the new year I'll find the edited scans amongst my boxfuls of CDRs (who knows, if there's demand I might do another run of them!).
Attachments
20170919_210344.jpg

uniforix

Postby uniforix » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Arcadian wrote:OK your post inspired me to dig out my folder of glossy A2 game prints.

I only have one Ravenskull sadly and I'm keeping that, though I do have two Crazee Riders (so I could make one of these available for sale) and three Codename Droids (so could make two of these available). However I'm dismayed to find that I didn't even keep a single Zarch for myself! :(

Edit: I better hold one of the Droids for trixter who was after one last year.

These are actually 1:1 reproductions of the original Impact posters - which I scanned in about 10 years ago @ 300dpi (all posters were originally supplied folded so I had to painstakingly remove the creases from them in paintshop - each one took about a day!).

I do have the original/folded posters - somewhere - but I'm hoping when I begin to drag my pallets out from long term storage in the new year I'll find the edited scans amongst my boxfuls of CDRs (who knows, if there's demand I might do another run of them!).

Cool!! I will take a crazee rider and a codename droid :-) hope you find the Ravenskull CDR :-P

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Thanks!

And Trixter's having the third Droid print so all the spares are now spoken for!

marcusjambler

Postby marcusjambler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 am

registering interest in a Ravenskull poster if they become available again :D

daveejhitchins

Postby daveejhitchins » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:30 pm

And me, please . . . I'm going to reserve a piece of wall for it :mrgreen:

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

sbadger

Postby sbadger » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Dave, we spoke at the Cambs ABUG about the Zarch one. I don't suppose it turned up in this rediscovery?

many thanks
stew
A3020 | BBC B x2 | Electrn | Master | RPi x3
A600 | C64 "breadbox"| C64 C | XB360 | GB | GBC | GBA | GBASP | DS | 3DS XL & new | MD | MS
Atari 7600 | PS1-2-3-4 | PSP | Vita | SNES | GC | N64 | Wii & U | Switch | Jamma Cab | Sony PVMx2

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm afraid not Stew (see my comments above).

Additional interest in Ravenskull prints noted!

Return to “wanted”