WTD : Keyboard for a Master Compact

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
Zarchos

WTD : Keyboard for a Master Compact

Postby Zarchos » Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Hello.

I've decided to switch on this Master Compact I had bought some months ago (buy it now, untested, sold as in).

Fortunately I opened it before switching it on : the Econet board was wandering on the motherboard... chocking.
I plugged it back, switched the Master on, and it seems to work ok.

Unfortunately not all keys on the keyboard work, and anyway I got no F10 key with my purchase.

So you read the title : has anymore a spare keyboard, working, to sell me ?

Thanks in advance,
Xavier.

daveejhitchins

Re: WTD : Keyboard for a Master Compact

Postby daveejhitchins » Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Why not repair that one? Contact Mark Haysman (RetroClinic), he'll probably be able to help!

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

Zarchos

Postby Zarchos » Sun May 07, 2017 6:05 pm

Yes good idea ... I wonder what can be done for the missing key, though ...

daveejhitchins

Postby daveejhitchins » Sun May 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Zarchos wrote:I wonder what can be done for the missing key, though ...
Mark may have one in stock!

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

RobC

Postby RobC » Sun May 07, 2017 6:56 pm

I've just repaired a Master 128 Cherry keyboard membrane which had some damaged tracks that stopped certain keys from working. I used conductive silver paint (the type you get in a syringe).

I've also had some success with "wire glue" in the past but found that the graphite can flake when it dries and then tends to take the original conductive surface with it. The silver paint seems better and also has lower resistance.

Zarchos

Postby Zarchos » Mon May 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Nevertheless, and after contacting Mark, I'm still looking for a keyboard.

Return to “wanted”