New Model B upgrades EEPROM, SRAM, adapters etc (BooBip)

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
cmorley

New Model B upgrades EEPROM, SRAM, adapters etc (BooBip)

Postby cmorley » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi All,

All my (BooBip.com) Acorn memory adapters/upgrades are still current and still available to purchase. They are cheaper direct than via that well known auction site.

I'm holding stock of every upgrade at the moment but if I do run out then I can make more within a few days normally... so if things go out of stock on <auction site> then just contact me directly. I've noticed a few forum members have bought through <auction site> so I'd like to make people aware that you have the option to buy direct.

• Model A/B Solderless 64kB (27C512) EPROM adapter kit £12.50
  • Model A/B Solderless 32kB SRAM + 32kB ROM/EPROM adapter kit £18.00
  • Model A/B Solderless 64kB EEPROM kit £16.50
  • Model A/B Solderless 30kB OS shadow RAM (super popular :^o don't miss out!) £18.00

Details here... http://www.boobip.com/hardware

UK P&P from £2 first class. International postage is no problem.

I support my products so please get in touch.
Last edited by cmorley on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flaxcottage

Re: New Model B upgrades EEPROM, SRAM, adapters etc (BooBip)

Postby flaxcottage » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:19 pm

I have the SWRAM and EEPROM boards in one of my Beebs along with a turbo-MMC system and they work great.

30+ years ago they would have made the Beeb simply awesome. :lol:
- John

Currently running Level 4 Econet with BBC B, BBC B+ 128K, Master 128K, 4Mb A3000, 4Mb A3020, 4Mb A4000, 4Mb A5000 dual FDD; UK101; HP41CX setup; Psion 3a, 3mx and 5mx; Z88; TI-58c, TI-59 and printer, HP-16C programmer's calculator

Lardo Boffin

Postby Lardo Boffin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:03 pm

I've looked at these a few times with a view to maybe retiring my sideways ROM and RAM board in one of my beebs. I previously tried the IFEL 128k board but when using it I had two major issues. Well one major and one minor:-

1) the probes attached to ICs under the keyboard and enthusiastic use of the keyboard caused crashes
2) when I died in Ghouls it always crashed when starting with the next life. Various other programs were also a bit flaky but not so consistently

Any ideas if these boards have the same / similar issues? I am more or less competent with a soldering iron now so could solder wires if point 1 occurs.

Lardo
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Retroclinic Datacentre + HDD, matchbox co-proc, Viglen twin 40/80 5.25" discs, acorn cassette
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc, Acorn 6502 coproc

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Lardo Boffin wrote:1) the probes attached to ICs under the keyboard and enthusiastic use of the keyboard caused crashes
2) when I died in Ghouls it always crashed when starting with the next life. Various other programs were also a bit flaky but not so consistently

Any ideas if these boards have the same / similar issues? I am more or less competent with a soldering iron now so could solder wires if point 1 occurs.

I haven't been made aware of any issues. I've sold quite a few over the last 6 months but no such problem reports from anyone.

The SRAM and EEPROM modules don't use the IC76 latch so no clips under the keyboard ribbon. The EPROM module does, as it is just a passive adapter, but I've had one in my dev machine (BASIC, DFS etc in 1 EPROM) this past week while I've been playing tube elite testing my new co-pro project with a not screwed down keyboard and haven't had any problem with these pincer style clips.

Lardo Boffin

Postby Lardo Boffin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks. As soon as I have some spare cash I will buy the SRAM and EEPROM modules and give it a go.
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Retroclinic Datacentre + HDD, matchbox co-proc, Viglen twin 40/80 5.25" discs, acorn cassette
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc, Acorn 6502 coproc

Return to “for sale / freebies”