FS: Control Universal EuroBEEB

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
jonb

FS: Control Universal EuroBEEB

Postby jonb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

Hi all

I've decided I need to let my CU EuroBEEB go as I have way too many computers here. Mine is not working properly as I have documented on StarDot (search the forum for EUROBEEB and you'll see what I mean). There is some battery corrosion evident (battery was removed ages ago) although I can't see any badly damaged tracks. It sits in a 19" Eurorack and looks like an Acorn System machine. The rack has a good power supply and there's a power switch on the front and a wide blanking plate. There is a CU parallel I/O card with it, and the EuroBEEB card itself has BBC BASIC onboard and (I think) 32K RAM. I have a copy of the terminal ROM that you put in the BBC Micro (it uses this as a way of uploading / downloading programs and data, and you connect it to the Micro with an RS-423 serial cable).

There's a picture here: http://www.stardot.org.uk/forums/viewto ... eeb#p90795

This is a quick post to see if anyone is interested in it. I'm seeking £160 plus shipping for the machine and terminal ROM, and this is just to cover the amount I paid for it.

Cheers
JonB

1024MAK

Re: FS: Control Universal EuroBEEB

Postby 1024MAK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:59 am

Oh boy, why not. Yes Jon, I'm interested.

Mark
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk NOW!
BeebWiki‬ - for answers to many questions...

jonb

Postby jonb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:44 pm

OK Mark.

You know what condition it is in don't you? I think you advised me on the other threads... I'll PM you.

1024MAK

Postby 1024MAK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:13 pm

jonb wrote:OK Mark.

You know what condition it is in don't you? I think you advised me on the other threads... I'll PM you.

Yeah, akin to a banger of a car in a scrap yard... :lol:

Mark
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk NOW!
BeebWiki‬ - for answers to many questions...

jonb

Postby jonb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Oooh, cruel, cruel... :cry:

I'm sure you will bring it back to life - check your PMs.

jonb

Postby jonb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Some pr0n for you all...

IMG_0979.JPG
Case top & side.

IMG_0980.JPG
Case top (other side) and rear. Note fuse holder and AUX power supply connector.

IMG_0981.JPG
Front flip up feet intact.

IMG_0982.JPG
Power supply and quality wiring, with 2 floppy drive power connectors (and another one at the back that looks like the BBC's aux power connector).
Last edited by jonb on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jonb

Postby jonb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Some more pr0n..

IMG_0983.JPG
ASTEC power supply ratings

IMG_0984.JPG
Left: unpopulated breadboard + bus connector, Middle: EuroBEEB CPU card, Right: CUBIO parallel I/O card. The ROM above is the original CU ROM the card came with; fitted is the ROM I created for serial access using the BASIC ROM utility (see other thread).

IMG_0985.JPG
CPU card component side, close up

IMG_0986.JPG
CPU card solder side, close up

jonb

Postby jonb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Finally...

IMG_0987.JPG
All together and powered up. Well, the light is on, at least.. You can hear the switched mode PSU starting up and I have tested the voltages which seem good.

I have it standing up on its feet so you can see it presents at an angle to the user. These fold down if a more level appearance is preferred.

Return to “for sale / freebies”