Test equipment for sale + CROs

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
cmorley

Test equipment for sale + CROs

Postby cmorley » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:54 am

I'm having a clearout of a bunch of stuff I aquired through an academic department closing down sale. I also have some CRT scopes (100MHz IIRC) for sale soon (they are all in Yorkshire at the moment... I am tempted to come to the next ABUG so could bring them along - safer than couriers).

First dibs to *. forum members. I'll be listing all this lot on a well known auction site but will cancel the listing if anyone on here wants anything. Postage & packaging depending on size/weight but will be at cost. Collection from Oxford is welcomed. Collection from West Yorkshire can be arranged with sufficient notice...

Please ask questions for details etc. Sensible offers considered.

# Logic probe K&H LP-420D
25Mhz logic probes (9ns pulse) with frequency counter & duty cycle readout
4x boxed but look brand new £15
2x unboxed used (missing the side leads) £5

# Pico Scope 2205
25MHz 2 channel Picoscope + USB lead. No probes but new 60MHz probes from Rapid are cheap & fair quality.
4x unboxed used £80

# Pico Scope 2205 MSO
25MHz 2 channel picoscope with 16 channel logic analyser. (Mixed Signal Oscilloscope). With probes and USB cables.
2x 1x (sold as used) boxed (one box got damp and the cardboard is not perfect) £250 £210 (good box one left)
1x unboxed no probes £170

# Pico Scope 3205
100MHz 2 channel picoscope. No probes. It has a 12v 500mA input jack - not sure if this is required for operation I don't have a 12v power pack for it.
1x used £170

# Saleae (genuine!) 8 channel logic analyser
5x with clips in a carry case £80

# Farnell LF1 signal generators (lovely bits of kit great for analogue work)
2x £40

# Agilent N2862A scope probe (bit speciallist)
1x £40

I am going through all this lot today to check it is working and taking photos of it all. So if you're interested in anything let me know and I'll post a photo of it. Appart from where mentioned specifically there are no scope probes - but Rapid sell good value ones. You really don't need to spend a lot on probes unless you are doing high frequency stuff (>100Mhz).

Questions welcome!
Last edited by cmorley on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 25 times in total.

flaxcottage

Re: Test equpment for sale

Postby flaxcottage » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:05 am

A Farnell LF1 sig gen would be of interest, thanks.

PM sent.
- John

Currently running Level 4 Econet with BBC B, BBC B+ 128K, Master 128K, 4Mb A3000, 4Mb A3020, 4Mb A4000, 4Mb A5000 dual FDD; UK101; HP41CX setup; Psion 3a, 3mx and 5mx; Z88; TI-58c, TI-59 and printer, HP-16C programmer's calculator

danielj

Postby danielj » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 am

Sig gen for me too! Pm incoming

d.

acollins22

Postby acollins22 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:00 pm

I would like one of the unboxed logic probes please.

Andy.

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:34 pm

acollins22 wrote:I would like one of the unboxed logic probes please.

Andy.

Sure thing. It's a bit scruffy (well used) but I just tested it works. The 2nd one is physically cracked on closer inspection so I won't be selling that (I'll glue it and keep it...)

Do you have PM power?

jimmydeath

Postby jimmydeath » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Hello

Can I put my name down for one of the as new LP-420D probes please

Thanks

Regards

James

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:47 pm

jimmydeath wrote:Can I put my name down for one of the as new LP-420D probes pleases

Sure. They are better described as boxed rather than new. They don't look used & still have the protective film on the display but I can't guarantee they are unused...

The boxes are hinged plastic cases by the way - not cardboard but plastic cases.

acollins22

Postby acollins22 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:05 pm

cmorley wrote:...
Do you have PM power?

No, I can receive PMs but not send them yet.

Cheers,

Andy.

DutchAcorn

Postby DutchAcorn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Thanks for offering these here! I would also like a logic probe. PM coming...
Paul

1024MAK

Postby 1024MAK » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:11 pm

I would like one of the Logic probe K&H LP-420D 25Mhz logic probes (9ns pulse) with frequency counter & duty cycle readout "boxed but look brand new £15" please.

Mark
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk NOW!
BeebWiki‬ - for answers to many questions...

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 pm

All logic probes posted out this morning so you should all get them in the next few days (a week for Europe maybe). I tested them all before sending them out so they should all be working fine. The cases have holes for a speaker but this model doesn't have a bleeper so don't they don't beep! Let me know if you have any problems at all I am always happy to help out.

marcusjambler

Postby marcusjambler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Interested in a scope at some point.
I'm also in Yorkshire

Marcus

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:15 pm

A real one with a CRT or ar USB one? I have both but all the real ones need a clean/service/test before I'm happy to sell them.

marcusjambler

Re: Test equipment for sale

Postby marcusjambler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:42 pm

I'm thinking a real one. Theres no PC in my test area..... The kitchen :lol:

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:16 pm

OK, I'll keep you posted when they are tested.

jimmydeath

Postby jimmydeath » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Received the LP-420D probe yesterday thanks, it was well packed and arrived in good order.

Just managed to have a quick play with it and it works well.

Regards

James

1024MAK

Postby 1024MAK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Mine arrived okay as well.

I've been playing with an old Farnell C1 power supply, so did not get to play with the LP-420D 25Mhz logic probe yet!

Thanks Chris =D>

Mark

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:10 am

Good to hear they've arrived.

For accuracy and high frequncies don't forget to use the ground strap which plugs in at the probe end - otherwise it will measure a distorted signal just like a scope would with a big measurement loop. When I tested them they seemed to pick up the frequncy fine but were way off with duty/period if the tip ground wasn't used @ >16MHz...

Quality old gear is great. The past can keep the tat but decent bench kit really is something nice and still very useful. Dave Jones (eevblog) always seems more animated (if possible) when detecting the age of old kit by smell!

P.S. the USB scopes and logic analysers are all selling steadily. No final valuation fees if sold on here so if anyone wants anything make an offer.

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:18 am

All but a few picoscopes gone now.

The nice boxed mixed signal picoscope is still there with probes. I'll take £210 for that.
The unboxed MSO picoscope too, no analogue probes but does have the digital breakout lead. I'll take £175 for it.
The 100MHz picoscope is left (no probes). £175 anyone?

Boydie

Postby Boydie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:39 pm

I could well be interested in a CRT scope when you get them.
Given the number of broken motherboards (and my habit of increasing this number) it could come in handy...

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:57 pm

No problem. I'll make a list of people interested in CROs & get back to you in a few weeks.

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:38 pm

I have got the CROs back at my house now. All ex-academic environment so some have departmental markings from their past lives. All from a lab so all have some scratches or small dents etc from careless students! All need good homes for retirement :)

I need to test them and give them a clean. I'll give any iffy switches a clean with switch cleaner too. I'll post detailed photos after I've cleaned them (tomorrow or Monday). I have mains leads for them but no probes. Rapid sell good value cheap brand new probes (which won't be missing any attatchments).

Collection would be best (cash on collection is OK no need to pay up front) from Oxford, BD9 or Manchester (with enough notice). I'm planning on coming to the next ABUG so can bring them there too. I can post but bear in mind courier and P&P will quite hefty £££. They are big, fragile and heavy!

PM or reply to this thread to register interest. First come first refusal. marcusjambler & boydie are already on the list.

I have 5 in total. Detailed photos to follow.

3 off - 100MHz 2 channel. Rapid Electronics branded analogue CROs. '00s vintage. Look good. £80
1 off - 20MHz 2 channel storage scope. Rapid Electronics. Mid 90s vintage. Plastics yellowed with UV/age. (rear panel feet missing) £80
1 off - 20Mhz 2 channel. Rapid Electronics. Early 90s vintage. Plastics yellowed with UV/age (worst of bunch). (2 bottom feet missing) £40

As they are all CROs they of course have external trigger input which means you don't have to waste a channel on the clock unlike with a modern DSO.

Photo1063.jpg

Photo1064.jpg

Photo1065.jpg

Photo1066.jpg

Interest... who - what
marcusjambler - 100Mhz CRO
boydie - 100Mhz CRO
1024mak - 100Mhz CRO
Last edited by cmorley on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

1024MAK

Postby 1024MAK » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm declaring an interest in one "100MHz 2 channel, Rapid Electronics branded analogue CRO".

If it's okay, I'll collect at the Abug meet-up.

PC 'scopes and LCD storage 'scopes are fine as practical test tools, but just don't bring back the memories of my collage years working with a real CRO...

Mark

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 pm

1024MAK wrote:I'm declaring an interest in one "100MHz 2 channel, Rapid Electronics branded analogue CRO".

If it's okay, I'll collect at the Abug meet-up.

PC 'scopes and LCD storage 'scopes are fine as practical test tools, but just don't bring back the memories of my collage years working with a real CRO...

Mark

Yep, no problem. I've added you to the list.

I agree about the scopes and sig gens with proper turny knobs! The DSCRO I'm selling is the same one I used to debug my A-level electronics project in 1996.. a 6502 based storage front end for a normal CRO - code written on and EPROM blown by my model B (of course!)

cmorley

Re: Test equipment for sale + CROs

Postby cmorley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:13 pm

I found a manual online for the 20 and 100MHz scopes. The 100 MHz have the added delay function.

I've tested them all now.

The delay timebase on one of the 100MHz scopes is playing up. The spot sticks in one place so it looks like a power rail or half a push-pull is dead in the delay timebase horizontal scan gen circuit. I don't have a service manual for it and don't enjoy working on mains stuff so if it isn't a quick fix I'll sell that one "for repair". Everything else on it seems to work.

Both channels on the storage scope work in analogue mode but only channel X works in digital mode. I imagine both channels X&Y are supposed to work in digital mode... If that's not an obvious fault I'll sell that one "for repair" too.

The 20Mhz analogue scope is fine & fanless (silent bliss :D).

The other two 100MHz analogue scopes work fine (marcusjambler & mak1024). Rapid still sell these for £808.08+VAT new!

I will try to get the service manual for them & post it if I can get it... the original manufacturer seems to be Pintek of Taiwan.
Attachments
Analog_Oscilloscope_0224.pdf
(1022.24 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:41 pm

I've spent some time looking at the digital storage CRO.

It fully works on analogue but the second channel has a massive vertical offset in digital mode & some heavy filtering. The gain is about right but not spot on. So it is working but somewhere in there a transistor amp isn't biased properly or component has died. I looked for an obvious dry joint and poked with a plastic stick to see if I could find a loose connector etc.

It isn't worth my while repairing it - especially as I don't have the service manual.

Interesting repair project if someone who is competent with mains kit & CRTs (they are called killer volts for a reason). I imagine it is one dead transistor, passive or a dry joint. I'll sell it for repairs. I'll take £40 for it for a quick sale - failing that I'll put it on eBay.

Boydie

Postby Boydie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:49 pm

I'd like one of the 100MHz scopes, please, if one of the working pair is still available (don't have the skills to fix one).

Easiest place for me to collect from is Manchester.

Boydie

Postby Boydie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Oops, I've just spotted they've been allocated already. What happens if you read posts on an iPhone!

Boydie

Postby Boydie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:01 pm

If you get the third 100MHz scope running, I'll take that.

If you can't, can I have the 20MHz analogue (non-storage) please?

cmorley

Postby cmorley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Boydie wrote:If you get the third 100MHz scope running, I'll take that.

Done and done. It was not starting the blanking when it should so the spot went off the right but came back on again which was only evident in the delay timebase modes. All it needed was the ICs on the timebase board to be reseated & now it works perfectly.

The digital storage CRO is still ill... most likely just a DC blocking cap with the symptoms. 90s construction though so many circuit boards. Even without a schematic it's probably easy to fix. It just isn't worth my time to fix it :(

So ill DSCRO & 20Mhz CRO left.

Return to “for sale / freebies”