Topologika Adventures

want to request software or documentation that you can't find online? post in here!
billcarr2005

Re: Topologika Adventures

Postby billcarr2005 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:52 am

Received Kingdom of Hamil today... will try to get it uploaded later :)

lurkio

Postby lurkio » Thu May 21, 2015 4:05 pm

billcarr2005 wrote:Received Kingdom of Hamil today... will try to get it uploaded later :)

Thanks, BillC!

Continuing the discussion from the Hamil thread:

lurkio wrote:
leenew wrote:we are still missing:
AVON and MURDAC (2 game pack)
HEZARIN (2 game pack with last days of doom)
KINGDOM OF HAMIL
SPYSNATCHER

Two down, two to go, I think?

leenew wrote:FWIW... (And despite evidence to the contrary in the above price list) I *now* think it's only Hezarin missing for the beeb, with spysnatcher only ever being released for the Archie.... But I could be wrong...
Earlier, Arcadian wrote:Spy Snatcher /was/ actually written for the BBC/Electron, but not released. It was eventually made available via the Electron User Group - more info here: http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/eug/revs ... r_000.html

The Electron User Group article that Arcadian linked to (which has since changed its URL -- I've updated it above) purports to be written by Jonathan Partington, one of the original authors of Spy Snatcher, but I've contacted him, and he said that he didn't actually write it! He said the article consists of the standard blurb for the game with two interpolated sentences written by a person or persons unknown! Very odd.

I've also been in touch with Jon Thackray, the co-author, and Brian Kerslake, the former MD of Topologika, but none of them have a clear memory of Spy Snatcher being written for the Beeb. Then again, I don't think they remembered the Electron version either, till I reminded them about it!

The Electron version definitely does exist because I'm using it now! It runs in ElectrEm but not in BeebEm unless you switch to Master 128 mode.
1.png
Spy Snatcher screenshot 1
2.png
Spy Snatcher screenshot 2

So we still have no hard evidence of a Beeb version of Spy Snatcher.

It's all rather confusing.

:?

leenew

Postby leenew » Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm

I think it was released now :lol:
Lee

billcarr2005

Postby billcarr2005 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Posting this here, since it was in the Last Days of Doom wallet.
Attachments
ROBOT DOG CONSTRUCTION KIT.jpg

Return to “archive requests”