Problem Solver by Shibumi

want to request software or documentation that you can't find online? post in here!
Pernod

Problem Solver by Shibumi

Postby Pernod » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Not much was released for the Master 512 but I see we have documentation for this Problem Solver at http://stardot.org.uk/mirrors/www.bbcdo ... &Itemid=63

Anyone have an image of the disc?
- Nigel

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, etc.

billcarr2005

Re: Problem Solver by Shibumi

Postby billcarr2005 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:20 pm

I''ve got Problem Solver 1.0 and 2.0, along with a Shibumi disk titled Rat Driver.

I'll have to hook my datacentre up to my BBC Master, but will attempt to get an image from the disks asap, corruption and / or protection permitting!

Pernod

Postby Pernod » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 am

billcarr2005 wrote:I've got Problem Solver 1.0 and 2.0, along with a Shibumi disk titled Rat Driver.

Never heard of Rat Driver and can't find any reference to it so am curious to see what it is.

I doubt Problem Solver would be protected but it will be in some kind of DOS format, maybe Acorn 800K DOS. Could you also scan/photo the disc labels for reference. Thanks.
- Nigel

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, etc.

billcarr2005

Postby billcarr2005 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:24 pm

I've managed to catalogue all 3 disks using some software called BAKSOFT DOSCOPY, which would allow me to copy the files from the disk to a BBC disk.
This software won't let me image the disk though, as far as i can see. It's identified as an Acorn 800K disk though.
Is there any software that runs on a BBC Master that will happily copy this over to USB?
Tried Disk2USB but couldn't get it working, perhaps because it expects native BBC formats?

Pernod

Postby Pernod » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 am

I guess the best way to image these is with Omniflop on a PC, I don't have any suitable hardware though.
- Nigel

Return to “archive requests”