Elixir

having trouble with an archived file or want to correct something? report it here!
jonwiththewind

Postby jonwiththewind » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:29 pm

Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! (etc. etc..) \:D/

My long quest is at an end. It works (well, at least it doesn't crash in the AGAR room - I haven't had a chance to play it all yet). Many, many thanks.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

BeebEM doesn't seem to like your beautifully written MENU program.
(Something to do with the way it flips between *Part P1 and P2) - very clever but it confuses it, and me!!

So, anyone wishing to use the Elixir Cheat should load the file "GAMES13.DSD" into BeebEm (I got an error message saying "WARNING - Incorrect disk type selected" which I just ignored).

Then type:

CH."ELIXICH"

=D>

jonwiththewind

Postby jonwiththewind » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:46 am

EDIT: For anyone that doesn't already know it, the "Save State" Function of BeebEm is invaluable in finishing the game.

File -> "Save State"

I've just completed it again, and can move on with my life (!). I needed to Save my position every 30 seconds otherwise I would have been here all day.

Strange that the most infuriating games are often the most addictive... :twisted:

Cybershark

Postby Cybershark » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:39 pm

so glad you feel able to move on now :D

ah the menu was nothing special there, but in an effort to squeeze as much as i could onto all my double density discs i was regularly employing a Micro User utility which enabled you to partition your discs. this was the only way i could bypass the disc filing system's limit of 31 files per side (regardless of how big they were).

it does have to write to the disc to let it know which partition it's currently looking at though so you need to disable write protect for both sides of the disc otherwise i think it comes up with something like 'c error'. osrry, i forgot all about that :oops:

thew12ard

Re: Elixir

Postby thew12ard » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:33 pm

I found that the ssd. file taken from the original disk image of the game works fine in both BeebEM and my ModelB emmulators and so does the tape image. It's just the cheat (infinite lives) version that doesn't. Every time I hit the screen with the beanstalk it throws up a "bad program" error. I think the only way round this is to save state unless anyone knows of a fully working cheat version.

This version works fine on model-b and BeebEm emmulators...

http://www.stairwaytohell.com/bbc/archive/diskimages/Superior/Elixir.zip but you will need to use save state to finish it.

Return to “archive issues”