It is an extension ROM (that must be loaded into SWRAM) that added most of the BASIC V style syntax and commands to BASIC 2 including CASE, WHILE, multiline IF statements (including ELSEIF) built in help and more. Once loaded start with *EBASIC
- This is provided as is with no support - no liability will be accepted for it's use or any errors within it.
- It requires BASIC II on a BBC B as it's an extension to it - rather than a replacement for it. It won't work on a Master or with the tube.
- Syntax may not be entirely BASIC V compatible. He didn't have an official spec/manual available, only an overview from a magazine article.
- This is NOT token compatible with BASIC V - You'd need to spool the program in rather than load a program.
- It should still load and execute existing tokenised BASIC II fine, but any new or edited code may be tokenised differently. For example I think it uses different tokens for IF, THEN and ELSE keywords so it can intercept them and do the multi-line stuff. As such code you write with it may not be BASIC II compatible, even if you use only official BASIC II syntax.
- Extended graphics commands (CIRCLE, FILL etc) require Acorn GXR to do the work, as EBASIC just issues the required PLOT commands.
- See the attached help text the extra or changed commands within it. Type HELP . for a full list
This lists what I believe to be the extra commands from the help file.