Electron User games missing

feedback, questions and discussion relating to the Complete BBC Games Archive (beta site now open!)
joachim

Electron User games missing

Postby joachim » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:08 am

I noticed that the website now has a nice "About" page which includes an appeal to suggest any games that are missing. So I'd like to point out that Electron User published many nice games that run on the Beeb, and that have slipped through the net so far because on stairwaytohell.com they're only in the Electron tape archive, mixed in with all the Electron commercial tapes.

I realize that many Electron User games are in fact already on bbcmicro.co.uk (especially the ones that were republished by Database or Alternative), so to prove my point here are a few examples of worthwhile games that are still missing:
  • Santa's Dilemma (December 1987)
  • Go-Pig (April 1988)
  • Shopping Spree (November 1989)

leenew

Re: Electron User games missing

Postby leenew » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:30 am

Hi joachim,
As we speak I am going through every Electron User magazine and collating a list of all missing games.
So far this is about 75% of them!

20171109_093143.jpg

I have just completed my trawl of Micro User and sent all the missing ones to Michael Brown so he can get them on his new discs asap...
Lee

danielj

Postby danielj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 am

leenew wrote:As we speak I am going through every Electron User magazine and collating a list of all missing games.
So far this is about 75% of them!

Oooh! I have a stack of electron user tapes from the later years, but I wouldn't want you to miss out on typing them in, so I think I'll just pass them across the bulk eraser and use the tapes for the speccy.

d.

leenew

Postby leenew » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:19 am

Thanks for your kindness and understanding Daniel,
I would really love to type them all in, and I was really looking forward to doing so, but unfortunately for both of us, I have the tapes too. :roll:

Lee.

danielj

Postby danielj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:00 am

If you'd like me to copy impossamole onto those tapes too, just bung them in the post. I really think you'd be better off typing them in. =; no, no, don't thank me. It's all part of the service.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 am

I have the EU disc with Go Pig on it.

Mick.

D-gopig.zip
(22.24 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Will be adding this to one of my future discs, just haven't got around to it yet!

Return to “bbcmicro.co.uk”