PM's

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the *. forums
sixxdog_uk

PM's

Postby sixxdog_uk » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

HI there,

Loving this forum , it's full of friendly and helpful , also incredibly smart people :)

One quicky any idea how long a noob like myself would have to wait before being allowed to send PM's ?

Many Thanks guys.

Alex

hoglet

Re: PM's

Postby hoglet » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:11 pm

Another 4 posts I think!

(i.e. 25)

Dave

sixxdog_uk

Postby sixxdog_uk » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:55 pm

Does replying to my own post count ;) lol

Thanks Dave

hoglet

Postby hoglet » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:03 pm

sixxdog_uk wrote:Does replying to my own post count ;) lol

Thanks Dave

It does, as does posting piccies of your kit!

Dave

sixxdog_uk

Postby sixxdog_uk » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Hahah , my kit is pretty limited at the moment , but will be growing pretty fast , well faster than my wife would like I'm sure :P

Looking at another 128 , a couple of Elks and an Arch , along with other cool bits n pieces.

She doesn't get it.

Am i alone in having a wife that didn't grow up with the BBC B , and has no interest or love for it? lol

tricky

Postby tricky » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:17 pm

mine loves them :^o

sixxdog_uk

Postby sixxdog_uk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:28 am

tricky wrote:mine loves them :^o

LoL , yep mine just asks , "What the hell are you going to do with all this JUNK!" :-/

*Sighs*

sydney

Postby sydney » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:42 am

sixxdog_uk wrote:Hahah , my kit is pretty limited at the moment , but will be growing pretty fast , well faster than my wife would like I'm sure :P

Looking at another 128 , a couple of Elks and an Arch , along with other cool bits n pieces.

She doesn't get it.

Am i alone in having a wife that didn't grow up with the BBC B , and has no interest or love for it? lol

My wife had an elk and still doesn't get it. Women, anyone understand them?

poink

Postby poink » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:25 pm

sydney wrote:My wife had an elk and still doesn't get it. Women, anyone understand them?

Better than I understand men. :P

The reason it's the wives for most people on this forum, then, is that, for most people, the only people with influence on their hobbies (other than the bank manager) are their partners - and most people on this forum happen to have chosen a woman as a partner. Most people just aren't interested; the vast majority of 26-34 year olds in the UK would have used Beebs at school, and the number of people using this forum is slightly less than the approximately 4 million men of that age in the UK.

sixxdog_uk

Postby sixxdog_uk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:29 pm

poink wrote:
sydney wrote:My wife had an elk and still doesn't get it. Women, anyone understand them?

Better than I understand men. :P

The reason it's the wives for most people on this forum, then, is that, for most people, the only people with influence on their hobbies (other than the bank manager) are their partners - and most people on this forum happen to have chosen a woman as a partner. Most people just aren't interested; the vast majority of 26-34 year olds in the UK would have used Beebs at school, and the number of people using this forum is slightly less than the approximately 4 million men of that age in the UK.

:lol: :lol: =D>

CJE-4D

Postby CJE-4D » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:24 pm

PM related

I can't send PM's
"Compose message
We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

Which I quite understand, but someone PM'd me and I can't see a way of replying. Surely the limit shouldn't apply to replies?

n.b. I think the FAQ section :
"I cannot send private messages!
There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you from sending messages. Contact a board administrator for more information."

Could do with mentioning the "may need to participate more " bit.

p.s. I managed to work out who was trying to contact me and did have their email address.

danielj

Postby danielj » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:30 pm

You need 25 posts to send PMs or drop the admin an email. :)

d.

CJE-4D

Postby CJE-4D » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Yes I understand about the 25 to start a PM conversation but to have to have that score to reply to one sent by someone else seems bizarre!

dgrubb

Postby dgrubb » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:07 am

CJE-4D wrote:Yes I understand about the 25 to start a PM conversation but to have to have that score to reply to one sent by someone else seems bizarre!

I'm feeling a bit rude not replying to somebody's question!

danielj

Postby danielj » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:39 am

Does that mean you want PMs enabled? :D - you just have to ask! :)

d.

Return to “stardot.org.uk”