High Score Challenge S7- R8 - Repton

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
KarateEd

Re: High Score Challenge S7- R8 - Repton

Postby KarateEd » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:08 pm

High Score Tables will be Updated when I get home tomorrow......

It seems someone always comes to the fore with remarkable scores, this time it's Matthew Thompson who got a crazy high score for this game ..... WOW!!! - congratulations on a great game Matt and nice puzzle solving on a good ol' Beeb classic!!!...

Kecske Bak

Postby Kecske Bak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:17 am

MatthewThompson wrote:This is an awful level, I have always hated it, and still do

I always absolutely hated the level until Michael S. Repton explained to me how to approach it, and convinced me it is a puzzle, of sorts, after all.

https://youtu.be/t7yIJcdRsfQ?t=3m3s

What you have to realise to do this is that monsters will have a bias - the directions they will try and go if they are blocked horizontally or vertically. You use that bias in order to keep them in a group behind you as you clear the diamonds. The way I solve it is to move in big clockwise circles going fully to the bottom and fully to the left each time. It's very important that you don't go too fast - the temptation is to run like hell. You have to be able to see them, particularly when you change direction.

I spent a very frustrating couple of hours last week trying to perfect doing this on the rather splendid Android version of Repton, usually dying just before the end but I got there in the end and the feeling of achievement was wonderful!

MatthewThompson

Postby MatthewThompson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Here is the end screen, incase anyone wanted to see it.
Attachments
RepEnd.jpg

KarateEd

Postby KarateEd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:48 am

High Score Tables Updated to officially complete this Round......

Ed...... :-)

Return to “software: games - high scores”