High Score Challenge Champion's Rd S6 - Nightmare Maze

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
FourthStone

Re: High Score Challenge Champion's Rd S6 - Nightmare Maze

Postby FourthStone » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:01 am

Well, after a great start and getting to screen 2 on level 2, I have got a respectable score finally. The second time around the game feels more natural even though you have to collect more keys (10) and I think longer time. A few times on level 2 I was being chased into the dreaded zigzag areas but managed to steer through with what feels like a faster key response time. Another big help was blitzing screen 3 (frogs) where I got 2800 bonus, that really bumped up my score and had a fairly good run for the rest of the game, a well placed coffee mug helped me twice as well...

Score: 13500

NMMaze.jpg

Jeremy Grayson

Postby Jeremy Grayson » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:44 pm

I do love a good MRM game, me. Banana Man, Guy in the Hat, Q-Man, Munchy and Sorcerer would be my favourites, and I've lost hour upon day upon week to the first-named in particular.

Nightmare Maze wouldn't rate among my absolute favourites, partly due to the same disproportionate reliance on luck that I think one or two posters have already mentioned above. It's certainly fun, though, and I do like the animation of the balls and frogs in particular.

Yes, yes, but what about a high score, then? Not sure my 6,200 of an hour ago is going to trouble the upper echelons of the leaderboard, but it rates a personal best for me on this title so I'm happy enough.

gc

004.jpg

007.jpg
* Inveterate but sadly increasingly occasional BBC gamer - original hardware/software only
* Former contributor (original software and some editorial) to The BBC Games Archive
* Exhibitor at CG-Expo 2004, 2005
* Elite ranking: milquetoast

KarateEd

Postby KarateEd » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:56 am

Feel pretty good, finally broke 10k....

Ed...... :-)

NM7.png

KarateEd

Postby KarateEd » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 pm

High Score Table Updated......