HST - changes to scorekeeping method

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
sydney

HST - changes to scorekeeping method

Postby sydney » Sun May 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi everyone.
I think I'm going to change the way high score tables are updated. The idea was suggested by steve3000 (I think) via pm when we were discussing the future of the high score challenge/tables. What I'd like to do is replace the current image based table with a text based one which would be updated by each person submitting a score in the same post as they submit the score. For example

1) sydney 100000
2) Arcadian 90000
3) Samwise 80000

If you submit a score for this game of 85000 you simply post your score as usual but cut and paste the table into your post and add your score in the correct place. You'd post the following:

1) sydney 100000
2) Arcadian 90000
3) KarateEd 85000
4) Samwise 80000

Points will no longer be calculated as they were really only needed for the 10 week challenges. I'd then regularly copy the table into the top post of the thread.
Does anyone have a problem with this idea? If not I'll implement it in the coming couple of weeks.
Cheers,
Simon

sydney

Re: HST - changes to scorekeeping method

Postby sydney » Tue May 31, 2016 6:21 pm

No one has replied so I'll make the changes from now. I asked Danielj to add a table tag to the forum so it's now possible to create tables in bbcode. Hopefully I'll have all tables changed to the new format by the end of the week.

KarateEd

Postby KarateEd » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:22 pm

sydney wrote:No one has replied so I'll make the changes from now. I asked Danielj to add a table tag to the forum so it's now possible to create tables in bbcode. Hopefully I'll have all tables changed to the new format by the end of the week.

Good job Simon....probably super busy for next 2 months then have some free time.....

Ed......:-)

sydney

Postby sydney » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:45 pm

I've got a few changed to the new method but there seems to be a small problem with the table tag so I'll look into that before finishing all the games.

sydney

Postby sydney » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi all. I'm making a slight change to the new method as described in the first post. All scores should be submitted using the following bbcode tags and inserting their name and score:

Code: Select all

[tr][td]NAME[/td]
[td]SCORE[/td][/tr]

No need to cut and paste the whole table.
This will enable me and Ed to simply cut and paste the new score into the table.

MatthewThompson

Postby MatthewThompson » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:21 am

sydney wrote:Hi all. I'm making a slight change to the new method as described in the first post. All scores should be submitted using the following bbcode tags and inserting their name and score:

[tr][td]NAME[/td]
[td]SCORE[/td][/tr]

This will enable me and Ed to simply cut and paste the new score into the table.

Do I just type in what is shown above in those 2 lines and just add in my name and score where applicable?

sydney

Postby sydney » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:24 am

MatthewThompson wrote:
sydney wrote:Hi all. I'm making a slight change to the new method as described in the first post. All scores should be submitted using the following bbcode tags and inserting their name and score:

[tr][td]NAME[/td]
[td]SCORE[/td][/tr]

Do I just type in what is shown above in those 2 lines and just add in my name and score where applicable?

Yeah. Just copy and paste the above text and replace NAME with your name and SCORE with your score. I can then press 'quote post' and simply copy and paste the correctly formatted text into the correct place in the table.

MatthewThompson

Postby MatthewThompson » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:12 am

Ok, I've got a score for Drain Mania I will attempt to upload it later

cheers
matthew

Return to “software: games - high scores”