:arrow: The aim is to score as many points as possible
:arrow: Post scores and screenshots/photographs in this thread
:arrow: The rules are here.

DISK IMAGE
:arrow: Guardian

INSTRUCTIONS
:arrow: Anyone got the Instructions?

SUBMITTING SCORES
:arrow: Please cut and paste the following code replacing NAME and SCORE with your name and score.
:arrow: This will enable the scorekeepers to simply cut and paste your score into the table.

Code: Select all

[tr][td]NAME[/td]
[td]SCORE[/td][/tr]

HIGH SCORE TABLE
NAMESCORE

Wouter Scholten

Re: High Score Table - Guardian

Postby Wouter Scholten » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:49 am

I don't like this game, Planetoid is much better. I esp dislike the too slow deceleration and too long life of bullets forcing extra turn arounds not as a tactic for high scores but as a necessity all the time. It is also ugly and sound sucks (1 channel, for the Electron?) However some skills from Planetoid transfer and got to 374450 with not much effort. Most of the effort is in not hating how this game plays and continuing instead of pressing BREAK! :) That score was just below the highest I've seen on this site so with background music playing today, to make it a better playing experience, I got to 389050. If anyone posts a higher score I may give it another go, otherwise likely not.
Attachments
20170601_023930.jpg

Wouter Scholten

Re: High Score Table - Guardian

Postby Wouter Scholten » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Wouter Scholten wrote:I don't like this game, Planetoid is much better. I esp dislike the too slow deceleration and too long life of bullets forcing extra turn arounds not as a tactic for high scores but as a necessity all the time. It is also ugly and sound sucks (1 channel, for the Electron?) However some skills from Planetoid transfer and got to 374450 with not much effort. Most of the effort is in not hating how this game plays and continuing instead of pressing BREAK! :) That score was just below the highest I've seen on this site so with background music playing today, to make it a better playing experience, I got to 389050. If anyone posts a higher score I may give it another go, otherwise likely not.

Today after a few months of no game playing decided to start off anew with Guardian, as a bit of a test to see if the interlude had affected my reflexes. After that I will possibly play Planetoid. Got to wave 25 or so. Score 471,150. I got into some sort of rhythm with this game despite not liking it :) Any challengers?
Attachments
20171010_164703.jpg

Return to “software: games - high scores”