High Score Table - Plan B 2

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Stardot High Score Table
Plan B 2 chosen by sydney

planb2.png


RULES
:arrow: The aim is to score as many points as possible
:arrow: Post scores and screenshots/photographs in this thread
:arrow: The rules are here.

DISK IMAGE
:arrow: PlanB2.zip

INSTRUCTIONS
:arrow: Instructions are shown once the game is loaded.
:arrow: Link to Plan B 2 soulution and map

SUBMITTING SCORES
:arrow: Please cut and paste the following code replacing NAME and SCORE with your name and score.
:arrow: This will enable the scorekeepers to simply cut and paste your score into the table.

Code: Select all

[tr][td]NAME[/td]
[td]SCORE[/td][/tr]


After posting your score it will look like this:
NAME
SCORE

HIGH SCORE TABLE
NAMESCORE
sydney17955
JoolsH1570
MatthewThompson1370
richardtoohey670
KarateEd600

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Finally got a bit time to myself and had a go of this.
I'm cheating a little bit by following the solution and map on the stairwaytohell linked to below. Still bloody hard though and I'm only a third of the way through the game according to the solution.

2675

planb2-1.PNG
(119.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet


Link to Plan B 2 soulution and map

User avatar
KarateEd
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:15 pm
Location: Squamish, BC, Canada

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby KarateEd » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:05 am

I'm sure this is a tiny score but a starter anyway...

btw, the map looks like AirWolf, different game, yes?

edit: Doh....sometimes looking deeper works.....

Ed......:-)
Attachments
Plan B 2-1.png

User avatar
KarateEd
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:15 pm
Location: Squamish, BC, Canada

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby KarateEd » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:24 pm

A bit better.....

Ed......:-)
Attachments
Plan B 2-2.png

User avatar
richardtoohey
Posts: 3378
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:13 am
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby richardtoohey » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:38 am

A bit better than Ed ... 670 ...

Why can I only shoot left and right? It's so UNFAIR when it blocks the exits above/below and you can't get away without burning up your shield. Or am I missing something?

pb2.jpg

JoolsH
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 11:46 am

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby JoolsH » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:12 am

Had this back in the day. Not a bad game, but it's pretty relentless. You don't have much time to look at the walkthrough when playing, or you'll die!

1,570
Attachments
plan_b2-1570.png

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi score table updated - upload soon.

MatthewThompson
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:44 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby MatthewThompson » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:53 pm

both these games are good but I always ran out of ammo and got stuck apart from that really enjoyed playing them, although I prefered Plan B, I wonder what Plan A was ?
Attachments
PB2.jpg

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Table updated.

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:16 pm

I got about half way through the solution on this run. I was about to enter "The Sludge Tanks" but didn't have the necessary key so must have used it or forgot to pick it up. I'm going to go through the solution to make sure it's not an error there. After I became stuck I went on a bit of a pointless (or pointfull!) killing spree collecting as much ammo and oil as I could. I noticed that the oil I'd earlier collected from "The Fuel Dump" seemed to have reappeared making me think this may also happen with ammo in the armoury. I think I'd scored around 3000 when I became stuck but my final score was 4080.

planb2-4080.png


In a previous game I left the map at the left end of "The Island" and entered "The Black Hole" from which there seems to be no escape!

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:17 pm

MatthewThompson wrote:both these games are good but I always ran out of ammo and got stuck apart from that really enjoyed playing them, although I prefered Plan B, I wonder what Plan A was ?


I've never played Plan B, only Plan B 2. I may give it a go when I get some time.

EDIT:

I've just quickly gone through the solution and there is an error there! At the point I was stuck i've picked up 5 key Y's and used 5 key Y's so this solution is not a solution! Going to have to do it the hard way now!

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:56 pm

The solution does have a few of errors:
  • The previously mentioned key problem. This can be overcome by completing "The Sludge Tank" section earlier in the game as you leave this area with the same keys as you enter it.
  • A small section of the solution repeats itslef and so doesn't make sense until you realise the mistake and remove the 5 instructions from the solution.
  • The section around "The Hangar" is very hard to complete without full shield so I attempt that section pretty much at the start of the game instead of halfway through as the solution dictates.
  • It doesn't tell you what to do with the timebomb or how to escape.

My score: 7450
planb2-7450.jpg
(51.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet


I've still not completed it yet as I don't know what to do with the bomb. I think you have to take it to "The Generator" or "The Communication Station". Does anyone have a scan of the instructions as I don't remember the actual aim of the game is!

To escape I think you have to leave via "The Teleporter" or "The Black Hole". The exit at "The Communication Station" is no use as there are only 2 'e' keys in the game and you need them to get out of the computer room, which I've not managed yet as I took the bomb to "The Nuclear Power Plant" to see if that worked. It didn't. There must be a section of ceiling in "The Cellar" that you can move through as the solution sends you there after collecting the bomb.

If I complete this I'll probably make a video and post it to youtube, DaveE has done a video review of Plan B 2 and states "it cannot be competed without an infinite energy cheat", I'd quite like to disprove that!

MatthewThompson
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:44 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby MatthewThompson » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:00 pm

New high score, still no real idea of what I'm doing !
Attachments
PlanB2a.jpg
Last edited by MatthewThompson on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatthewThompson
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:44 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby MatthewThompson » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Just dug out my copy and the instructions say this

"You are back in charge of a single war drone. Your job is to explore a Togrian computer complex, destroy the computer parts, fight off the security robots and escape. To get out you will need to find an umber of keys to get the front door open. You will also need to find other keys to open other doors within the complex"

It also says it shows on screen the number of computer parts which are undamaged on reaching zero - run for it !

Having said that i've just looked at the game and can't see anything like the above on the screen only ammo, shield and keys, so I think in true Bug Byte tradition (of getting something wrong) they've printed information which applies to the first game and not the second one.

hope that's of some use !
Matthew

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:36 pm

MatthewThompson wrote:New high score, still no real idea of what I'm doing !


I'm pretty close to a solution that makes a bit more sense than the one we currently have. I'll upload it over the weekend once it's (hopefully!) finished.

MatthewThompson wrote:Just dug out my copy and the instructions say this

"You are back in charge of a single war drone. Your job is to explore a Togrian computer complex, destroy the computer parts, fight off the security robots and escape. To get out you will need to find an umber of keys to get the front door open. You will also need to find other keys to open other doors within the complex"

It also says it shows on screen the number of computer parts which are undamaged on reaching zero - run for it !

Having said that i've just looked at the game and can't see anything like the above on the screen only ammo, shield and keys, so I think in true Bug Byte tradition (of getting something wrong) they've printed information which applies to the first game and not the second one.

hope that's of some use !
Matthew


The electron user review said the instructions seem to be identical to plan B. Not much help but thanks for the effort!

MatthewThompson
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:44 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby MatthewThompson » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:46 pm

sydney wrote:
MatthewThompson wrote:New high score, still no real idea of what I'm doing !


I'm pretty close to a solution that makes a bit more sense than the one we currently have. I'll upload it over the weekend once it's (hopefully!) finished.

MatthewThompson wrote:Just dug out my copy and the instructions say this

"You are back in charge of a single war drone. Your job is to explore a Togrian computer complex, destroy the computer parts, fight off the security robots and escape. To get out you will need to find an umber of keys to get the front door open. You will also need to find other keys to open other doors within the complex"

It also says it shows on screen the number of computer parts which are undamaged on reaching zero - run for it !

Having said that i've just looked at the game and can't see anything like the above on the screen only ammo, shield and keys, so I think in true Bug Byte tradition (of getting something wrong) they've printed information which applies to the first game and not the second one.

hope that's of some use !
Matthew


The electron user review said the instructions seem to be identical to plan B. Not much help but thanks for the effort!


I've now dug out Plan B and yes the instructions are indentical except Plan B 2 uses the word "back" in the first sentence other than that, identical !

I've also discoved what Plan A was now, on the back of the instructions it says "Plan A to bomb the rogue central computer has failed, the next step is Plan B"

So technically Plan B2 is Plan C !

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Excellent!

I've just downloaded a cheat version of Plan B2 and tried out a couple of ideas and I now know how to complete it!

  • Collecting the bomb: your are not collecting it you are actually planting it and activating the timer - all that reamains is to escape!
  • In the cellar a section of floor under one of the doors can be destroyed so you can escape from "The Computer Room".
  • To escape you make your way back to "The Teleporter" and you recieve a 10000 point bonus.
All I need now is half an hour of free time and a bit of luck!

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Just had a go and increased my score by 55 points. I was 1 screen away from the transporter when I died! I still had 48 seconds before the bomb exploded I'll be a bit more careful next time.

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Woohoo!
17955 points, game completed!

planb2-17955-completed.jpg

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Here is a link to a youtube video of me completing the game for the second time. Took less than 20 minutes from start to finish!

https://youtu.be/j5tzPL2KcSQ

MatthewThompson
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:44 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby MatthewThompson » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:01 am

Congratulations on completing it , looks like it's one of those games with an uninspiring ending that just says Well Done and that's it !

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:28 pm

High Score Tables Updated......

The Mgmt.......:-)

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:11 pm

I've watched the video I uploaded to youtube and produced the following solution from it.
Goog luck!

PLAN B 2 SOLUTION.txt
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

User avatar
richardtoohey
Posts: 3378
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:13 am
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby richardtoohey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:24 am

sydney wrote:completing the game for the second time. Took less than 20 minutes from start to finish!
=D> Don't have time right now to play the game, let alone watch the video!

User avatar
sydney
Posts: 1986
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: High Score Table - Plan B 2

Postby sydney » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:31 pm

High Score Tables Updated To New Format......

The Mgmt.......:-)


Return to “software: games - high scores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests