My living room Compaq

Talk about non-Acorn classic computers/hardware/software here (including retro consoles)
Commie_User

My living room Compaq

Postby Commie_User » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 pm

I had to remove and then restore the Sound Blaster Live to stop Windows XP crashing on boot. System jams have been common in other PCs but it's the first time I've touched the inside of this since I bolted it to the wall, nearly a decade ago.

DSC02485.JPG

Isn't it lovely.

I'm proud to own this battletank computer from the Millennium, still as pristine as it must have been when new. It's a P3, 750 Mhz with about 512MB RAM, but it's still as much the centrepiece for my recording as the other, newer machines I've lined up since.

DSC02486.JPG
DSC02488.JPG
IMG_7606[1].JPG

richardtoohey

Re: My living room Compaq

Postby richardtoohey » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:16 am

I got confused by the Atari ST TOS image at the end ? There's more to this story than meets the eye! :-k

Commie_User

Re: My living room Compaq

Postby Commie_User » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:12 pm

The STeem Engine's on it as well, a superb Atari ST emulator for jobs I want it doing. There are sequencers and softsynths only as young as the coalition government, with the whole house wired in an audio loop. That's just one corner, with more controls for the other systems or master computers I patch in for the job.

atari st.jpg

That PC's a real dinosaur - only being smashed with a rock will stop it. But all the same, I think I'll wallmount my real ST with one of those old TV-VCR brackets. What the damn hey.

Return to “other vintage computer hardware, software and games”