Village of Lost Souls (Robico)

discuss text & graphic adventures for Acorns. level 9, robico & epic led this field
fuzzel

Village of Lost Souls (Robico)

Postby fuzzel » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:29 pm

Anyone have a clue sheet for this (excellent) adventure ?
I'm stuck trying to put the fire out at the ramshackle hut.

melchett

Re: Village of Lost Souls

Postby melchett » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:51 pm

Was this adventure part of a trilogy or is it a standalone game?

fuzzel

Village of lost souls

Postby fuzzel » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:28 pm

It was supposed to be the first part of Robico's "Realm of Chaos" trilogy according to www.if-legends.org but its unlikely the other two parts were ever released. I remember playing the game back in the early 1990s under a different label on my old beeb and I managed to get as far as the endgame. As I recall I discovered I'd done something wrong earlier in the game and couldn't complete it so I gave up rather than go back to the start.

AJW

Postby AJW » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:30 pm

Fuzzel- which other two games were they?

melchett

Re:Village of Lost Souls

Postby melchett » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:55 am

I've just downloaded this and I must say it seems exceedingly good so far. Quite atmospheric and also apparently huge! I haven't quite figured out what you have to do yet as I seem to be wondering aimlessly around having items regularly stolen from my inventory by some soaring bird. I'll have to find some spare time to play with this a bit more as it's one of the best and eeriest I've played for a while...

Fuzzel - as far as I can tell the other two games were never announced? Would be interesting to see a scan of the cassette inlay though to see if they were mentioned there...

AJW

Postby AJW » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:03 am

They're not The Hunt and Enthar 7 are they?

melchett

Postby melchett » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:37 am

Alas, no, they're not part of the trilogy... I'd quick like to see a good scan of the cassette inlay of Village of Lost Souls as there might be some clues to what the others were going to be called on there? The one on www.beebgames.com is a bit grainy and low res to make out any of the text...

fuzzel

Re: Village of Lost Souls (Robico)

Postby fuzzel » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:15 pm

After 12 years since the last post, I wonder if anyone has anything new to add regarding Robico's Realms of Chaos trilogy.
We were trying to find out what games 2 and 3 were called, the first being a revamped version of Magus' superb Village of Lost Souls.
Also does anyone have the cassette or disc inlays for Robico's Village of Lost Souls ? The versions on the web are hard to make out.

lurkio

Postby lurkio » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:03 pm

fuzzel wrote:does anyone have the cassette or disc inlays for Robico's Village of Lost Souls ? The versions on the web are hard to make out.

http://mocagh.org/loadpage.php?query=%5Bname%5Dvillage+lost

:idea:

iamaran

Postby iamaran » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm

As far as I know, no further games in the trilogy were released.

This article in Electron User 5.05 says part two was to be called 'Communion'.
http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/mags/eu/arts/a-pen15.html

fuzzel

Postby fuzzel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:05 pm

From the article it looks as though Communion was quite close to launch (they were confident enough to divulge the name).
If Glen MacCauley or anyone else from Robico is reading this it would be nice to know what happened to it.

John_Acorn

Postby John_Acorn » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:11 am

What was the original game published for? How different was it?

myelin

Postby myelin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 pm

John_Acorn wrote:What was the original game published for? How different was it?

The Magus version was published for the BBC only, I believe. It's on GAMES DISC M3 in the STH BBC collection and the there's also a tape image.

The Robico version for the Electron is on the STH Electron Adventures page, and here's the BBC version.

All I can find is "rewritten and rereleased by Robico". I've been working on and off for the last month or so to disassemble the Robico Electron version and understand its internals -- I guess I'll take a look at the Magus version at some point to see if it really is a complete rewrite, or if they just built it up a bit.
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in San Francisco, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
So far: fast serial port, 32k flash cart, USB cart interface, 3-cart expansion, Elk PiTubeDirect.

Return to “adventures”