Pendragon

discuss text & graphic adventures for Acorns. level 9, robico & epic led this field
aerworuld

Pendragon

Postby aerworuld » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:49 pm

the Facebook page for MyAcornElectron had a visit from non other than Pendragon (aka Nic Outterside) today! You'll remember Pendragon from the 'Adventures' feature that ran in Electron User from the mid 80's to '90, taking on the torch from the earlier Merlin's Cave.

The page had a visit from Roland Waddilove the other day; keep the Elk celebrities coming!

I'm going to be putting up lots more Pendragon related content on myAcornElectron.com soon; keep an eye of the beholder peeled lol

Stuart :-)

aerworuld

Re: Pendragon

Postby aerworuld » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Just to keep you good folks updated, Pendragon has sent me a piece on his time at Electron User and his first introduction to the Acorn Electron for the website!

I've put it up on the Pendragon page.

Hope you enjoy this little piece of our Elk heritage!

Stuart ;-)

PS: I am going to be running a little Pendragon themed competition soon; will post up the details forthwith!

danielj

Postby danielj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:34 pm

That's fab Stuart :D

d.

aerworuld

Postby aerworuld » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:53 pm

danielj wrote:That's fab Stuart :D

d.

Thank you Daniel! I think he made my year when he offered to do it ;-)

Dave_E

Postby Dave_E » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Why don't you ask him if he has any copies of the entries submitted to his Acorn Electron text adventure competition in the mid 80s? He did a review of many of them in his columns but only the first part of Sea Queen has ever turned up on the Internet?

If he had an old box of cassettes lurking in his loft that would probably make *my* year...! :-)

aerworuld

Postby aerworuld » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Dave_E wrote:Why don't you ask him if he has any copies of the entries submitted to his Acorn Electron text adventure competition in the mid 80s? He did a review of many of them in his columns but only the first part of Sea Queen has ever turned up on the Internet?

If he had an old box of cassettes lurking in his loft that would probably make *my* year...! :-)

I will ask him Dave!

Watch this space.....

aerworuld

Postby aerworuld » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:31 am

aerworuld wrote:
Dave_E wrote:Why don't you ask him if he has any copies of the entries submitted to his Acorn Electron text adventure competition in the mid 80s? He did a review of many of them in his columns but only the first part of Sea Queen has ever turned up on the Internet?

I will ask him Dave!

Watch this space.....

Sorry Dave, Nic tells me he doesn't have any Electron stuff any more and any reader games that were submitted remained at Database Publications.

Worth a shot though!

Stuart

Return to “adventures”