30th Anniversary BBC and Electron Collection

want to contribute an update to the archive? post it here!
Michael Brown

Re: 30th Anniversary BBC and Electron Collection

Postby Michael Brown » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:33 pm

After checking through the games written by Shingo Sugiura, I spotted some minor spelling mistakes in Super Barricade on Disc 030.
I have corrected them and reposted that disc.

regards,
Mick.

billcarr2005

Postby billcarr2005 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Michael Brown wrote:After being re-mastered as a 400K image, here is Games Disc 105 (Special Edit).
Minus The Krystal Connection and Zap! (as these are still under copyright for now).

Michael Brown wrote:After being re-mastered as a 400K image, here is Games Disc 106 (Special Edit).
Minus Repton: The Lost Realms (as this is still under copyright for now).

[pedant]
Copyright for literary works, the category in which computer programs are included, lasts for "70 years from the end of the calendar year in which the last remaining author of the work dies."
So although the copyright might not be actively pursued, it's incorrect to assume that it has expired, for any BBC game! :P
[/pedant]

leenew

Postby leenew » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Michael Brown wrote:Just checked Disc 041 on my real BBC and *DTRAP makes no difference to the graphics glitch in the Big KO. Strange though that both emulators have no problem with it. Could it be the datacentre causing the problem?

Mick.

PS Again, if someone could copy Disc 041 onto a floppy and load it on a real BBC with no datacentre and let me know the outcome then maybe this issue can be resolved.

Hi Mick,
I have played this from a disk into a beeb with no datacentre and it is fine.
Start the bout then hit escape and you get the high score table with "The BIG K.O." heading.
On the datacentre beeb it says "WINNER" but the text is chopped off and there is a blue background instead of black, and the screen is flickering...

It must be interfering with datacentre....

Lee.

leenew

Postby leenew » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Michael Brown wrote:After checking through the games written by Shingo Sugiura, I spotted some minor spelling mistakes in Super Barricade on Disc 030.
I have corrected them and reposted that disc.

regards,
Mick.

Mick, what did you change?
"on which your life depends on." should read "on which your life depends."
Is the new version the text as it was originally printed in the listing?

Lee.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Lee,

The main things I changed on Super Barricade were the words inhabid to inhabit and radio active to radioactive in the loader program and the spelling on Sugiura in the main game and also moving the full stops next to the 1 and 2.
Also I removed the double gap between Super and Barricade to match the first file.

I have now amended the first file again as per your request to "life depends." and reposted the disc.
Hopefully this is now correct.

leenew

Postby leenew » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Ha ha thought I spotted that before! :D
Lee

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:32 pm

I randomly pick a game to play and sometimes spot something that we may have missed before. I am sure I am going to find others.

Mick.

PS Do you know if there are any inlay instructions for Sparse Invaders available anywhere?

leenew

Postby leenew » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi Mick,
I was just looking at Ally Pally.
Did you know it is mainly a BASIC program?
*LOAD PALLY
?&3A91=&20
CALL&3A00

Then you can list it.
There are a few pokes around the &70 to &90 area that definitely conflict with datacentre workspace.
I think these could be moved somewhere else :D

**I think if you alter the lines 1490 to 1530 to point to somewhere like &900 rather than &80 that might be enough to fix it.
I can't check it on the datacentre beeb at the minute though :wink:
*EDIT no it won't - look at line 130 and line 390. The little sprite routine at &F55 and the HALL routine at &F00 will need a bit of alteration, but ithey're only a few bytes. We just need a "safe" place to alter all the &70 /&80 pokes to...

Lee.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:49 am

hi Lee,
I will take a look later this week at Alley Pally.
Hopefully a simple solution can be found to get this to work universally.

Mick.

PS If anyone else more experienced than me wants to take a look as well, then feel free!

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:20 pm

After being mastered as a 400K image, here is Games Disc 107 (Special Edit).
Minus Mountain Panic (as this is still under copyright).

Disc107SE.zip
(159.37 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

The disc is called Disc107SE.dsd

Almost every game on this disc has been re-mastered from original sources.

Operation Safras is the universal version and works OK under BeebEm and b-em as well as a real BBC.

Airlift is the converted OS1.0 version that now runs under OS1.2.

regards,
Mick.

EDIT: Disc re-posted due to *KEY issues with Operation Safras and Hunchbach.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Just added a newer version of Carnival to disc 107 and reposted it.

Happy xmas
Mick.

PS Disc 108 is being tested and should be out for Easter!

leenew

Postby leenew » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi Mick,
What is supposed to be wrong with Ally Pally??
I have played it in beebem and on my datacentre beeb and can't now see anything wrong.
I had a feeling it was the "advertising boards" that were corrupted, but they look ok now :?

Lee.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:45 am

Hi Lee,
IIRC there was some corruption with the white text during the game when played via the datacentre. Not able to check via my actual Beeb at the moment, but I believe it was because the game stored code low down below &100 and the datacentre's commands overwrote it.
Again not 100% on this and it is still on my list of things to check at some point.

regards,
Mick.
BTW I will e-mail you the newer versions of my latest discs for checking/testing.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Well here it is (early as promised) Games Disc 108.

Disc108.zip
(264.63 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

A mixed bag of goodies for Easter 2016.
Firstly there are some standard basic games like Awari from CSL Microdata, Mastermind from Logic Systems, Asteroid Lander from ASP, 3D-Maze from Bevan Technology (taken from their Games of Deduction compilation), William The Conqueror by Molimerx Ltd and Snowball from Soft Centre.
There is also the disc version of Yes Prime Minister by Mosaic Publishing.
Then there are the usual Micro User/Electron User/Acorn Computing games including Telephone Mania, Myriapod, Drop-In (AKA The Fall) and Digga.
Then there are a couple of games converted to OS 1.2 from an earlier operating system by Forum members. These are Robo Swamp from Software For All and The Three Crystals by Potter Programs (taken from their Arcade 4 Pack compilation).
There is also Crazy-Cut from R H Software (taken from their Compendium compilation).
Then... the best 3 games on this disc are originally Electron only titles that have been converted to run on the BBC 32K by Forum members. These include Kastle by Tynesoft (taken from their Four Great Games Vol.3 compilation), Battlezone Six from Kansas City Systems and finally Lunar Invasion from Alternative (taken from their Triple Decker 3 compilation).
Finally there is one new game on this disc, this is Frogger from Retro. The author has kindly allowed me to include this title as he believes it is finished. However, if amendments to it are required, then a newer version of this disc will be issued.

regards,
Mick.

EDIT: Disc re-posted due to *KEY issues with Kastle, William The Conqueror and Lunar Invasion.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 am

I just thought I ought to post this disc here.
Hopefully, Disc 109 is complete and everything is OK.

Disc109.zip
(148.51 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

Another mixed bag of goodies for 2016.
Firstly there are some standard basic games like Enigma! from Dealer Deals Ltd, Postman (OS1.2 modified) from ASP and Hi-Lo from Soft Centre.
There is also the disc version of Golden Shot, an unreleased game from 1992.
Then there are the usual Micro User/Electron User/Acorn Computing games including Fives, QuadCube, Thruster, Puffin, Claustrophobia and Gridder.
There is also English Civil War by Red Shift.
There is also Anti-Ballistic Missile Command (or ABM) by Alligata from 1982 which was a MIA title.
Also there is Alien Fallout by HCW which was a MIA title and typed in by kind forum members.
There is Dotty and World War 1 by CVG.
There is also Grijpertje (Catcher) which has been converted by forum members from Dutch.
Finally there are 2 new games on this disc, Flood-It! and Beebout from Retro.

regards,
Mick.

EDIT: No major changes to this disc, but re-posted anyway.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

leenew

Postby leenew » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:33 pm

Cheers Mick :D

Lee.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:12 am

Just re-posted Games Disc 060 as Bill has now corrected an error when selecting option 5 in Beeb Chess which went wrong after you had started to make your moves.
Also the inlay instructions for Beeb Chess have now been found and have been added.
Hopefully they are spelt correctly.

regards,
Mick.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:44 am

Just re-posted Games Disc 057 due to the inlay instructions for Infinity being added.
Also the routine that searches for a Master version has been removed making the game BBC B only as there is not enough disc space for any further files.

I may have to re-post this disc again if any further developments occur with the protection routine.

Enjoy!
Mick.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Wed May 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Just reposted Disc 034 due to universal edition of FireTrack being created.
The game now selects narrow screen under BeebEm and widescreen on b-em and a real BBC 32K.
The game also selects narrow screen on both BeebEm and b-em when playing in Master 128 mode.
I am not able to check what happens on a real Master - so if anyone can tell me?

This now means there are no duplicate discs in my collection and every game on every disc should work on both BeebEm and b-em emulators as well as a real BBC Micro 32K (without anything added).

regards,
Mick.

I will sort the issues with Jack Attack as soon as possible.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Fri May 27, 2016 10:26 am

Just reposted Disc 027 due to Jack Attack being repaired to work under BeebEm.
I have played the game under BeebEm, b-em and a real BBC (with Datacentre) and it seems OK.

regards,
Mick.

PS All games and all discs in this collection should now be correct (at this moment in time).

bakoulis

Postby bakoulis » Fri May 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Maybe now is the right time to put all discs in a beeb.mmb file with a pretty menu.
Must be split the dsd to ssd first, but maybe someone have the skills and the free time to do this job!
Also a version for datacentre is possible to made without split the dsd to ssd, like the original beeb.mmb.
Here is the datacentre (DCBeeb) version of the original beeb.mmb:
http://home.kindredintellect.com/beeb/Software/DCBeeb/

...by the way, thank you for your great effort at this amazing collection.
:D
2xElectron, 3xBBC B, BBC Master.
2xAcorn A310, A420/1, 2xA3000, 2xA3010, A3020, A4000, A5000.
2xRISC PC, Acorn Pocket Book, Acorn Pocket Book II.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Tue May 31, 2016 3:55 pm

Just reposted Disc 099 (after an email from Lee) ref Crown Of Mardan.
I am sure I copied Colin's correct version some time back, but I have no notes ref this, so I have copied the relevant data from Colin's Adventure Disc 6 over to my files on this disc - just in case.

Hopefully, everything is now up to date.

PS I have now made a note of this amendment.

regards,
Mick.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:13 am

Just re-posted Disc 038 as the original Eye vs Eye game has now been found on one of my discs.
I have kept the amendments made to the instructions, but the game now features its original filenames.

regards,
Mick.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:33 am

Just re-posted Disc 034 again due to change of name in the !BOOT file for the game Plan B Part 2.
This is at the request of Lee in order for the game to load correctly on the new BBC website.

BTW: There may be some more changes to menus on other discs to achieve the same goal.

Mick.

PS Disc 110 should be posted here very shortly now that the issues with Astroblaster have been resolved.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:11 am

Well here it is... Disc 110.
Hopefully everything is OK.

Disc110.zip
(153.85 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Yet another mixed bag of goodies for 2016.
Firstly there are some standard basic games like Tank, Dicer, Timetrek and Stratgegy 1.
Then there are the usual Micro User/Electron User/Acorn Computing games including Percy's Panic, Connect Four and Easter Egg Chase.
There is also Plig from EUG which I have modified to work via the DFS (although some of the screens have very strange designs if correct).
There is also the modified for BBC version of Thai Boxing from Anco thanks to the great work of Forum members.
Also included is Ransom, a graphical adventure from Incentive taken off their Graphic Adventure Creator disc.
I have included Astroblaster by Tricky. This is the final version and has been tested on a real BBC with Datacentre.
Next, I have included is Viper from R H Software.
Timerun by Anthony Bartram has been tested and seems OK so has also been included.
Lastly 2048 is a great new game by Eben Upton.

regards,
Mick.

EDIT: Disc re-posted due to *KEY issues with Thai Boxing, Timetrek, Plig and Ransom.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:16 am

Just re-posted Disc 007 due to change of name in the !BOOT file for the game Secta Invaders.
This is at the request of Lee in order for the game to load correctly on the new BBC website.
Nothing else on this disc has been changed.

BTW: There may be some more changes to menus on other discs to achieve the same goal.

Mick.

pau1ie

Postby pau1ie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi Mick

I can't get Lords of Time to work.

I suspect I am not the only one because I have not had an updated screenshot for it.

http://bbcmicro.co.uk/jsbeeb/?autoboot&disc=http://bbcmicro.co.uk/gameimg/discs/Disc098-LordsOfTimeD.ssd

Cheers

PaulH
I'm working on http://bbcmicro.co.uk

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:07 am

Hi Paul,

Lords Of Time requires DTRAP to be if playing on a real BBC as like a few other games (which are marked with a (D) in the games menu). It downloads the tune to somewhere like &900 to play it, then reset the disc drive with a *DISK, *DR.0, *DIR $ and then loads the main game.

hope this helps,

Mick.

leenew

Postby leenew » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:04 pm

We may have a better image of Lords of Time.
The tune was relocated to a safer location (By Lurkio) and so should work without DTRAP.
Let me find it....

Lee.

lurkio

Postby lurkio » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:42 pm

leenew wrote:We may have a better image of Lords of Time. The tune was relocated to a safer location (By Lurkio) and so should work without DTRAP. Let me find it....

Try this:

LoTfin.ssd.zip
    Lords Of Time .SSD disc image: added instructions, relocated tune code
    (29.1 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

:?:

UPDATE: Just checking that the disc image works in JSBeeb. It does: http://bbcmicro.co.uk/jsbeeb/?autoboot& ... LoTfin.ssd

:idea:
Last edited by lurkio on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “archive submissions”