RPCEmu (Windows) - Graphical Problems on Some GPUs with RISC OS 4 and 6

ask about 32-bit emulators like ArcEm, Red Squirrel, Arculator or RPCEmu here
pollito

RPCEmu (Windows) - Graphical Problems on Some GPUs with RISC OS 4 and 6

Postby pollito » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi there,

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this before but it happens in work with my Windows PC which has an Intel 4000 graphics card in it, and also on my home PC that has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 card. However it is not reproducible on my laptop with a bog standard Intel HD chip.

Basically RPCEmu runs fine with RISC OS 3.x, but as soon as you upgrade the ROM to RISC OS 4.03 or RISC OS 6.20 (uncompressed) the screen doesn't update until the mouse is moved vertically over that area of the screen. It then draws the updated screen in horizontal lines as the mouse is moved. This means that the emulator is unusable as you can't see what you're doing until you move the mouse.

It doesn't appear to make a difference whether the updated !Boot sequence(s) are installed or not. Is this a bug in Allegro / RPCEmu? If so is there a workaround? I have built the latest version of RPCEmu from the repository but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance,
pollito

flibble

Re: RPCEmu (Windows) - Graphical Problems on Some GPUs with RISC OS 4 and 6

Postby flibble » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:21 am

In theory these bugs have been fixed, which version of RPCEmu are you running? And which repository are you building it from?

pollito

Re: RPCEmu (Windows) - Graphical Problems on Some GPUs with RISC OS 4 and 6

Postby pollito » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi flibble,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked out the latest source like this: hg clone http://www.home.marutan.net/hg/rpcemu rpcemu (as per the instructions here.)

I then built RPCEmu and copied the RPCEmu-Interpreter.exe and RPCEmu-Recompiler.exe executables into the existing RPCEmu v0.8.15 folder which I had previously installed using the installer. Maybe this wasn't enough?

The bug appears in both the original version I installed using the installer (0.8.15) and also in the newly built executables (I think I built them around a week ago now).

Thanks for your help,
pollito

Return to “emulators”