A4 ALA66 A4 Econet module?

for bbc micro/electron hardware, peripherals & programming issues (NOT emulators!)
jbredcar

A4 ALA66 A4 Econet module?

Postby jbredcar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Does anyone have an A4 ALA66 A4 Econet module that they would be willing to part with please?

Thanks in advance

John

BeebMaster

Re: A4 ALA66 A4 Econet module?

Postby BeebMaster » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:56 pm

They are pretty rare, as the number of responses may hint at! CJE sometimes have them, they may be operating a waiting list for one.

Perhaps this is moment for someone to step in and adapt a standard Econet module to fit the A4?

Does the A4 have the capability to take an Archimedes podule? An Econet-module-on-a-podule might be the answer in that case.

RobC

Re: A4 ALA66 A4 Econet module?

Postby RobC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:21 pm

BeebMaster wrote:Perhaps this is moment for someone to step in and adapt a standard Econet module to fit the A4?Does the A4 have the capability to take an Archimedes podule? An Econet-module-on-a-podule might be the answer in that case.

The A4 doesn't have a standard podule slot but has its own expansion bay for "low-power miniature expansion cards".

Theo Markettos has built an Ethernet card for the A4: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~theom/riscos/ethernet/

I suspect that producing a new run of Econet cards wouldn't be too difficult - Theo's Ethernet card could be used as the basis of a design.

(I still want to finish my own A4 Ethernet card - I've got the software working, just need to complete the hardware.)

Return to “hardware”