MMFS Development and Support

for bbc micro/electron hardware, peripherals & programming issues (NOT emulators!)
hoglet

Re: MMFS Development and Support

Postby hoglet » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:08 pm

KenLowe wrote:I'm running SWMMFS in one of my SWRAM banks and generally it works very well. However, I've noticed that immediately after a BREAK, the *FREE command doesn't work. If I do a *CAT first, it then works. Is this a problem with my setup, or can others replicate this?

What version are you running? I'll try to replicate this tomorrow.

Dave

KenLowe

Postby KenLowe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:08 pm

hoglet wrote:What version are you running? I'll try to replicate this tomorrow.

Sorry, should have mentioned that in my initial post. I'm running the model B, sideways ram version V1.36

hoglet

Postby hoglet » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:12 am

KenLowe wrote:Sorry, should have mentioned that in my initial post. I'm running the model B, sideways ram version V1.36

Hmm, I've tried and haven't been able to replicate this.

Which probably just means there is some small but significant difference between your setup and mine.

Could you possibly post a screen shot or two showing what actually happens, starting from powering on the machine?

Could you also do a *HELP so I can see the ROMs you have?

Does *MAP give the same error?

Dave

KenLowe

Postby KenLowe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a bunch of other ROMs installed, so I disabled all the non essentials, and MMFS started working fine. I was then able to narrow it down to Master ROM (Beebug) which I have temporarily installed in one of the sockets. It turns out this ROM also processes the FREE and MAP commands. The Master ROM was higher priority than SWMMFS, so I guess the FREE and MAP commands were being grabbed by the Master ROM and never getting to MMFS.

Although less relevant now, to answer your other questions - with Master ROM installed and enabled, *FREE causes the machine to hang and *MAP causes the machine to continuously print the free map after power up / reboot, unless I do a *CAT first. It looks like the Master ROM can process the FREE and MAP commands, as long as the drive catalogue has previously been loaded to RAM.

Return to “hardware”