COGS by Android Software

chat about arc/risc pc gaming & RISC OS software here (NOT the core OS!)

Related forum: adventures

jonb

COGS by Android Software

Postby jonb » Tue May 30, 2017 10:04 am

Has anyone got a copy of COGS by Android Software? Also might have been called "GODS".

Unfortunately, Google is not showing much (mainly due to finding stuff pertaining to Android mobile phone software).

It ran on the Archimedes and was written by a mate of mine. It's a 3D design tool that produced models you could incorporate into your own programs (and had a run time library for animating them). One of the more interesting features was a sort of "unroll" feature, that produced a 2D outline that you could print, cut out and fold to create a physical rendition of the object. I had several Elite ships hanging above my desk by cotton threads that we produced from that.

I'm not sure he ever sold a copy, but there was a ring bound manual so it was close to production...

Zarchos

Re: COGS by Android Software

Postby Zarchos » Tue May 30, 2017 11:07 am

Have you tried to parse the Stuttgart ftp and apdl library ?

jonb

Postby jonb » Tue May 30, 2017 1:44 pm

No, what are the URLs?

To be honest, I'm not expecting to find anything as I am not sure if he ever released it. Your post about 3D graphics software made me think about it.

Zarchos

Postby Zarchos » Wed May 31, 2017 7:54 pm

From my cellphone I can tell you you could google 'ftp stuttgart RISC OS' and 'apdl.co.uk' you should get the right results.
Happy to read the flow of my posts can have good side effects ah ah !

Return to “software”