MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

chat about arc/risc pc gaming & RISC OS software here (NOT the core OS!)

Related forum: adventures


Zarchos
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am
Location: FRANCE

MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby Zarchos » Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm

I've just received it from its author, Christophe Thivend !

I'd like to upload it here, but is it allowed (copyright ?) and it's over 10 Mbytes.
Admins ?

User avatar
jgharston
Posts: 2764
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Whitby/Sheffield

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby jgharston » Wed May 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Zarchos wrote:I've just received it from its author, Christophe Thivend !
I'd like to upload it here, but is it allowed (copyright ?) and it's over 10 Mbytes.
Admins ?

Copyright does not mean "not allowed", copyright means the copyright holder has the exclusive right to give permission on any uses. A copyright holder can give absolutely any permission all the way from "you are not allowed to do anything at all, not even read it" all the way to "you have permission to reproduce infinite copies and distribute it to every human being on the planet".

If the copyright holder has given you permission to upload it here, then "copyright" gives you permission to upload it here.

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.25
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2015
>_

Zarchos
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am
Location: FRANCE

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby Zarchos » Wed May 24, 2017 2:33 pm

jgharston wrote:
Zarchos wrote:I've just received it from its author, Christophe Thivend !
I'd like to upload it here, but is it allowed (copyright ?) and it's over 10 Mbytes.
Admins ?

Copyright does not mean "not allowed", copyright means the copyright holder has the exclusive right to give permission on any uses. A copyright holder can give absolutely any permission all the way from "you are not allowed to do anything at all, not even read it" all the way to "you have permission to reproduce infinite copies and distribute it to every human being on the planet".

If the copyright holder has given you permission to upload it here, then "copyright" gives you permission to upload it here.



Thanks for the reminder, the issue is : who has the copyright ?
The developer or the company editing it (was serial port then VTi) under British Law ?
Should I ask Chris to find back his contract if he's still got it ?

User avatar
jgharston
Posts: 2764
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Whitby/Sheffield

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby jgharston » Wed May 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Zarchos wrote:Thanks for the reminder, the issue is : who has the copyright ?
The developer or the company editing it (was serial port then VTi) under British Law ?
Should I ask Chris to find back his contract if he's still got it ?

I have no idea what QDBUG DOC is anyway... :?:

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.25
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2015
>_

User avatar
danielj
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby danielj » Wed May 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Can you explain what this is? If it's archimedes related, I'd suggest talking to flibble? Stardot's a good place for popping things transiently, but it's not good as an archive site as it's just a forum.

d.

Zarchos
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am
Location: FRANCE

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby Zarchos » Wed May 24, 2017 2:44 pm

QDBug is probably the best ever step-by-step ARM debugger available for RO 3.1 machines (test made in an Acorn User March '93).
It was programmed by Eagleman (Christophe Thivend) member of ArcAngels demo group.
Runs in non WIMP environment, but screenmodes it's going to display its data customisable.
Breakpoints can be set from complex formula, you can see your source step by step while the code is executed etc ...
Last edited by Zarchos on Wed May 24, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
danielj
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby danielj » Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Have a chat with flibble about finding it a home... :)

d.

User avatar
flibble
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby flibble » Wed May 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Well, given the age and the original developer OKing it, I'd be happy to host it (at least as long as the first take down request if the copyright actually rests elsewhere and they care enough).

Upload it somewhere I can download it, send me a PM with the link in and I can put it on 4corn :)

s1paulr
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am
Location: Huntingdon

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby s1paulr » Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Zarchos,

Have PM'd you.

Paul

Zarchos
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am
Location: FRANCE

Re: MEGA NEWS ! QDBUG DOC AVAILABLE !

Postby Zarchos » Thu May 25, 2017 7:56 pm

s1paulr wrote:Zarchos,

Have PM'd you.

Paul


And you've got what you were looking for ;-)


Return to “software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest